Friday, October 22, 2021

Docks In, Boat's Stored

7:19

It is a depressing morning on the lake, gunmetal gray sky and lake and a house a mess as the guys are ready to put the first coat of a stain on this morning.  We will have to be out of the house at times today and tomorrow as the various coats dry. It's 9:06 and I have been up for three hours and did get forty-five minute padde in despite the gray skies and chilly weather. Right now, as we finish the blog, the guys are back sanding the last of the hallway, the deafening roar of the sander filling the room. 

Kayak Morning



Paddling North

Great Blue Heron

Yesterday turned out to be a decent day for the most part.  I did get in a paddle before the guys arrived and were off to yoga by the time they started to finish the floor.  Evie kept busy by cutting our neighbor's lawn and I pulled the batteries out of my boat along with life jackets to store for the winter. After yoga, I came straight home and Evie had made me lunch, two goose liver sandwiches because we were not going to be able to get in the kitchen.  She also offered to make Jonathan and Graham grilled cheese sandwiches but as she walked into the kitchen she realized our oven is in the middle of our living room.  So resourceful Evie got out a cast iron skillet, turned on the outside grill and made four good looking sandwiches.

Jamestown's Riverwalk


Storm Cloud Above A Marsh

Jamestown's Chadakoin River

I had an appointment at 1:30 at the Subaru dealer for an oil change, tire rotation, NY State safety check, and 12 point inspection.  I planned on being there an hour but they always find something that needs to be fixed so I did not get out until 4:00. Fortunately, I took out a warranty when I bought the car and it's still in effect saving me some money. The dealer is located at the beginning of Jamestown's Riverwalk so I did get in an hour's walk so my wait for the car was not all a loss. I made it back to the dealer just as the heavy rain started, raindrops pelleting the mostly empty dealership parking lot.  

Happy Hour

The Day Wanes

I picked up a pizza in Bemus Point after leaving the dealer for our dinner since we would not be able to use the kitchen and did not feel like going out for dinner.  Evie was on the front porch, having put up with a couple of floor sanders for a good hour or more,  At least by 5:00, the floors were ready to be stained, the guys were gone and all was quiet even the lake, not a boat in sight. We enjoyed a happy hour out on our porch as the daylight waned.  We had pizza and a salad for dinner and watched Jeopardy and Nine Perfect Stangers, and ended the night with a quarter of the Browns game.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...