Sunday, October 10, 2021

Autumn Colors

7:46

Wood Ducks

It's 9:30, later than usual for me to start my blog but I was up late for me, 7:20, and did not get on the lake until after 8:00.  I had a fine paddle, lots of wood ducks, scattered along the shoreline as the docks are slowly coming in.

Kayak Morning

Wood Ducks

Wood Ducks and Mallards In The Grass

Saturday morning was stormy and we loved it, constant and heavy rain for a couple of hours and then it cleared up during the afternoon. I got in a forty-five-minute paddle before the rain, good timing and for once, an accurate weather report. Because of the rain, we both had the same idea, work on organizing the attic, taking a bite out of the elephant. We are slowly getting there so we can at least move around it.  Around 11:00, I gathered the trash and drove to the Transfer Station as the rain was beginning to let up.  By the way, we got 3/4's of an inch of rain during the morning. 

For lunch, Evie made me an eggplant sandwich, with eggplant from Friday night's dinner.  With a bowl of her veggie soup, I was happy.  I watched a few minutes of Ohio State football, soon got bored, and returned to my go-to lunchtime series, Prime Suspect. It was a sad afternoon, as our neighbors,  Joyce and Bill, left for the winter, to their new home in Sewickley, PA.  Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon for some reason, maybe depressed by how fast the seasons are going.  For me, it felt like late fall, early winter so I made myself a cup of Turkish tea, a comfort drink for me during the long, cold winter months.  

Victoria Creek

Northern Sky

A Ground Cover Of Vinca

By 4:30, however, I wanted to get in some exercise so I walked along the Victoria shoreline and then back through some of the woods.  I was out for a good half hour, then met Evie and we walked around Woodlawn before relaxing on our front porch with a Manhattan and appetizers.  

6:26

Sun And Shade

Bemus Farm

It was another spectacular late afternoon, with the sun lighting up various sections of the eastern shore's colors, reminding me of a Cezanne painting, with its muted oranges and greens.  We loved it, being able to sit out on our porch.  Dinner was quick and easy, heat up the leftover chicken parm and spaghetti pie. We started a new Danish series on Netflix, The Chestnut Man, then watched another Jeopardy to finish the evening. 

Our neighbors, Bill and Joyce, celebrated their daughter Kathy's wedding to Medio on September 30.  Kathy's sister, Beth and her husband Mark, drove in to celebrate the wedding from Calgary. 

Proud Parents Of The Bride, Joyce And Bill

The Wedding Party

Medio And Kathy, The Happy Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...