Sunday, October 31, 2021

Overcast And Drizzle

8:06

It's after 9:00 and I was out for a forty-five minute paddle, gray skies, and lake on a 48º morning.  I have yet to see any migratory ducks even though it is the end of October and the herons and osprey have left, only the eagles remain.  

Kayaking Toward Long Point

Northern Sky

Bemus Bay

Yesterday was supposedly another day of rain but if it did rain, I don't remember it.  After a leisurely coffee and blog, I  headed to the Transfer Station around 10:30 to get rid of the trash, then drove to Sherwin Williams in Lakewood to pick up a gallon of paint.  Because we now have new kitchen flooring, the doors and walls look shabby so Evie wants to paint them, brightening things up.  I agree as long as I don't have to paint! Because of the forecast, we never did get in a long hike, staying here instead and walking in our Woodlawn woods for a bit, enjoying the colors.

Autumn Colors

My Ray Of Sunshine

I was home by 12:30, in time for a great lunch, an omelet with potatoes, topped with cheese and I watched my show, a few minutes of the Michigans game before returning to my book and taking a brief nap.  Our goal for the afternoon was to take all the books off the bookcase, dust them, clean the shelves with Milsak, then rearrange the bookshelves so they looked less crowded and messy. Well, we finished the largest of the bookshelves and by 4:30, had enough, leaving the smaller one for today, a good choice.

5:17

We were ready to relax with a Manhattan and appetizers as the view out our window slowly darkened and finally went black although a boat, festooned with lights floated back and forth, fishing for walleye I suppose. Long Point has begun to change, the colors muted but still gorgeous as the sun set. I had a hankering for a hot dog so that was our dinner, hot dogs and chips, healthy right.  We watched a couple of Colberts and a Jeopardy before ending the night with The Great British Baking Show, always entertaining and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...