Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Not A Cloud In Sight

7:14

7:43

7:45

It's 7:30, the sun has yet to rise, the sky's a light blue, the shoreline pink, waiting for the sun to rise in ten minutes. It's warmer this morning, 51º compared to yesterday's 38º.  And best of all, the wind has died down so it will be great kayaking on the lake. I had a great paddle, 50 minutes except for the fact  I left my mug of coffee at home.  I kept reaching for it, and it made me realize how addicted I am to coffee in the morning, even on my paddle. 

Kayak Morning


Cloudless Northern Sky

Woodlawn

Heron At Woodlawn Creek

Tuesday was an anomaly for me, as after kayaking, my friend Stan picked me up and drove us to Erie, to Bob Evans, for breakfast with high school basketball buddies from the Cleveland area.  We manage to get together a couple of times a year, usually in Erie, convenient for all four of us, sometimes here at Chautauqua in the summer. We spend our breakfast reminiscing about the good old days, talking about basketball players we knew, the college days when we played, summer's on municipal courts, and later years, when we played just for the fun of it in local leagues.  It's always fun and we inevitably hear a new story, a result of one of us talking with an old friend. All four of us are close to eighty and it's sad to see we can no longer dunk or go to our left!!! 

We talked for a couple of hours closing up the breakfast morning for Bob Evans and did not get back to the lake until 12:30.  Evie was gone by then, to do some shopping at Wegman's and other errands so I had a bowl of soup and watched Foyle's War before reading on the couch and falling asleep for a nice nap.  Evie didn't get home till after 3:00.  I helped putting away the groceries and then decided I needed some exercise. So I drove over to Bemus and took a nice bike ride through Bemus to Long Point State Park and back, an hour ride and close to ten miles, mostly through woods.  

Long Point State Park

It was crisp out, perfect weather for a bike ride.  When I returned home, Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters so I rewarded myself with a blood mary and watched some of the Bills came which I had saved from Monday night.

Zooming With Sisters

Once again, we had an easy dinner because we both enjoy leftovers and had both pork and sauerekraut and a wok dinner to choose from.  I had the pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and Evie had the Asian food.  We are back to our TV routine, with Cobert, then Jeopardy, Nine Perfect Stranges, ending the night with an HGTV show with Nate and Jerimiah, two gay guys with interesting taste and are fun to watch. 

We also were awed by an Autumn moon, rising over the Bemus Shore.  I took one photo after another until we got some worth bloggling.

6:38





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...