Thursday, April 1, 2021

Rain, Light Snow, Ice

7:11

9:03

A miserable morning, with ice on the car, light rain or snow falling, flag blowing, and a chilly 29º here on the lake.  Not exactly hiking or kayaking weather, more like hunkering down in the house with a good book and a glass of tea.  It's now after 9:00 and I might have to change my mind as the sun just appeared as well as some blue skies.

Mallards

Dunking For Donuts?

Yesterday was one of those days where neither of us felt peppy and as a result, we more or less wasted the day, laying around the house, thinking about what we should be doing but doing nothing instead.  We watched TV, did some reading, thought about dinner or lunch, things like that.  Finally, around 11:00, I decided to drive to Lakewood, to do something other than sitting around the house, and picked up a few things at Aldi and at Home Depot, getting ready for the summer.  

When I returned home, Evie had my lunch ready, the last of the lentil soup and an avocado toast with tomatoes. I am still into my series, Wisting, on Acorn, as it goes on and on.  I stuck with my book set in Hawaii although I am not crazy about it, where it's going. I napped briefly, bothered Evie for not getting busy doing something with her life, then decided, around 3:30, to go for a paddle because the sun had briefly come out, the lake looked inviting.  Unfortunately, it was windy and not much fun, as I struggled on the way out and saw no waterfowl of interest.  The herons and wood ducks are not back yet, just buffleheads.

A Choppy Kayak Afternoon

Since this was our day to waste, we decided we did not want to make dinner, so I drove off to Steener's Pub at 6:00 and picked up some health food, a double order of medium wings, and a double order of homemade fries.  It was just what the doctor or Evie ordered and she was happy.  Steeners was crowded, as usual, hardly following the safe distancing rules but the patrons looked happy. We watched Jeopardy, another episode of Stanley Tucci in Italy, as he visited Lombardy and its major city, Milan which we visited back in the 1970s.  We ended the night with an episode of the second season of Shtisel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...