Sunday, April 11, 2021

Rain At Night, Drizzle In The Morning

7:21

9:07

It's 9:10 and I have just returned from kayaking down to Bootey Bay and back, an hour paddle, in drizzle most of the way so I got soaked for the second time in three days. I did not see much waterfowl and the shoreline was obscured much of the paddle by fog.

Kayak Morning

We knew Saturday might be the last nice day, that cloudy skies and rain were forecast Sunday through Thursday so we wanted to take advantage of it.  The day began with a paddle, breakfast, gathering of trash, and making up a shopping list on my iPhone on the Wegman's app.  Once everything was done, I gathered the trash, dropped it off at the Transfer Station, drove to Wegman's, and realized I left my phone at home with Evie's shopping list.  I could not call to find out what to get so I actually had fun trying to remember everything that was on the list, thinking forward to tonight's dinner and what we might need.  Needless to say, when I returned home, I forgot three or four essentials which means one of us will be heading back to Wegman's Sunday morning. 

Evie was working in the yard but took a time out to make me quesadillas to go with the last of the vegetable soup.  I am watching a series I know I have watched a long time ago called George Gently but I like it enough to stay with it.  I am finally getting into my novel, A Good Marriage by Kimberly Mc Creight after plowing through over half the book.  I napped of course and then went outside and worked with Evie, filling up more pails with weeds, trimmings from trees, and deadfall.  By 4:00, we were more or less done, the garden looked great and I emptied the pails up the hill.  

We relaxed until 6:00 when Evie sauteed mushroom, fried a bag of frozen, shredded hash brown, and made a salad while I went outside and grilled a couple of Delmonico steaks.  The hash browns were surprisingly good and the steak was tasty, especially with the mushrooms.  We watched  Real-Time With Bill Maher and Jeopardy, then tried another Shtisel and we are back into it and watched two more episodes.  I guess we were premature in our criticism of Season Three.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...