Friday, April 9, 2021

A Windy Southeasterly Morning

7:01

8:06

I woke up to an overcast sky, no sunrise to speak of but lots of wind gusts up to 20-30 mph.  The lake is a ruffled gunmetal gray and a few fishing boats are out, bobbing amongst the waves.  It's 55º  and won't get much warmer.  I kayaked into the wind for 20 minutes, then let it push me home on a windy, sunny and fun morning on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Female Merganser

Male Merganser Taking Off

Yesterday was another taste of summer, with some areas getting record highs.  I think it must have gotten up to 82º here at the lake and it felt like it.  I got in a paddle before breakfast and then drove to Lakewood for my biannual body scan with the dermatologist.  All is well and I was on my way home, stopping at Home Depot to browse for hedge clippers, then the car wash.  When I returned home, Evie was busy in the yard, clearing the debris from under the hydrangeas and giving them a trim.  I got out my extension cord and plugged in my hedge clipper and worked on the privets in the front yard, getting rid of six to eight inches, hoping it will make them grow more fully.   

Looking Foward To Summer And Evie's Garden

By 12:30 I was done, having raked up the branches and worked up quite a sweat because of the heat.  Evie took time out from the yard work to make me a tomato and feta cheese omelet for lunch.  After lunch and my series, I tried to nap but was unsuccessful.  I then went outside and helped Evie some with the yard as we filled up a couple more pails with yard debris and I took them up the hill to the woodpile.  It seems like a never-ending task, getting rid of deadfall and garden debris, all organic matter or course.

We hit a wall by 3:00 and Evie got out the chaise lounge and relaxed in the side yard, enjoying the warm sun. I read, watched some TV, and wasted the rest of the afternoon, waiting for Ron and Linda who were picking us up at 6:00.  We drove over to Bemus Point Golf Club and Tap Room and were lucky to find a table outside on their porch.  It was a busy night because of the great weather.  We had appetizers along with our beers and waited too long for our meals.  It was fun to be out to dinner with friends, something that had not happened since last fall.  We were home by 8:45 and watched or rewatched the first episode of Season 1 of Shtisel.  It's a shocking first episode, immensely sad making. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...