Sunday, April 4, 2021

The Sun Has Risen

7:01

7:04

7:06

9:29

It's 7:45, another spectacular morning of cloudless skies, a calm lake, and a living room filled with sunshine.  It's also warming it, 37º at the moment, in the mid-50s later in the day, perfect for kayaking and a walk. I had a great paddle for over an hour, down to the Powerboat  Club and back, sending buffleheads scurrying, catching a pair of wood ducks with my camera feeding on the shoreline. It's still strange to know I am kayaking on a lake where I was cross country skiing on its frozen surface a few weeks ago, 


Kayak Morning

A Pair Of Wood Ducks

Victoria/Woodlawn

For some reason, the only exercise I got was a paddle on a cold morning. It was a nice day but we were busy in the morning, too lazy in the afternoon to get out there.  So after breakfast and the blog, Evie spatchcocked a chicken, seasoned it and put it in the refrigerator to marinate until dinner time.  We also gathered the trash before she left at 10:00 to get her first pair of glasses in years.  She basically needs them for night driving but they will be nice to have.  I left for the Transfer Station, my Outback filled with cardboard boxes from Amazon as well as trash.  I should have then gone for a bike ride but instead, I drove to Mayville, to talk with the kayak guy, then to Sea Lion Drive to talk with the boat guy.  Toys will be ready when I need them and the dock will be in once the water warms up some.

For lunch, I had a ham and cheese sub from the Lighthouse Grocery along with the last of Evie's veggie soup.  I started what I thought was a series but turned on to be a film called Home Front, written by Sylvester Stallone. I could tell because it reminded me of First Blood only it was worst.  Both Evie and I spent our afternoon as usual, reading and watching some TV but mostly, I was waiting for March Madness to begin.  

While Evie prepped our dinner, roasting the spatchcocked chicken with lemon potatoes, I watched the first half of the Baylor route of Houston.  After that, I had enough basketball for a while so we watched two more episodes of Shtisel before ending the night with the thriller, a last-second win by Gonzaga over a UCLA team that played its heart out.  No one should have lost this game.  it was not over until after 11:00 and I was so pumped that I had a hard time getting to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...