Friday, April 2, 2021

Sunny, Blue Skies But Cold And Windy

6:41

7:07

7:47

It's a winter-like morning, a cold 24º, with a bright sun and not a cloud in the sky.  It's too windy, however, to kayak, the lake filled with white caps and probably too cold.  We actually had a brief blizzard yesterday afternoon for a half-hour although it quickly melted. 

A Stately Merganser

Yesterday was pleasantly gray, our favorite color for some reason. Unlike most, we rue the end of winter and though we are excited about summer, we also look forward to autumn and the dark days of winter.  We are fans of all seasons. Thursday began like the past 365 days, with Morning Joe, then a podcast, writing the blog, and breakfast.  Because of the inclement weather, I decided to go to yoga at 10:00.  I was surprised to be the only guy in a class.  For some reason, I really like the Yin class and felt great after, ready for the day. I stopped at Sav A Lot on the way home and picked up a few things, a chicken and Western-style pork ribs, great with sauerkraut.

While I was gone, Evie made a pot of her vegetable soup and continued with trying to downsize our kitchen.  For lunch, I had a bowl of soup and Evie made me quesadillas so I was happy.  I watched another episode of Wisting and am hooked although, like many other detective series, this one suffers from the dumb daughter syndrome.  In this one, the daughter gets interested in her detective father's investigation, refuses to listen to his advice,  and gets kidnapped and then beaten up. why is it never sons, always daughters in these series? I am still struggling to find a book I like and am beginning to think it's me, not the books. I put aside my book on Hawaii and decided to try series by C.J Box. Open Season is the first novel of the series which follows game warden Joe Pickett in Wyoming. 

Wood Ducks

5:15

We did not get much done the rest of the afternoon which was fine, but we excited about our first sighting of wood ducks, floating by our house  There's nothing we needed to do except think about dinner and prep it which involved putting baked potatoes in the oven and sauteeing some mushrooms with soy. We then enjoyed an extended happy hour as we experienced a brief blizzard out our front window.  

7:13




We were happy even when the gray disappeared and some blue skies appeared once again.  Around 7:00, Evie grilled a couple of New York strips and we had a great dinner, steaks, potatoes, mushrooms, and salad.  We watched another CNN Stanley Tucci series on Italy and this episode focused on the food of Tuscany.  We also watched another Jeopardy before returning to our series, Shtisel, to end the evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...