Thursday, April 15, 2021

Breaking Through The Cloud Banks

7:27

8:15

It's 8:15 and the sun has just climbed above the cloud bank, briefly filling our living room with sunlight. Now, it's hidden once again, the lake is gray and ruffled on a 38º day.  When I walked outside in our backyard, I noticed this ball of fur, wondered what it was, took a photo only to realize it was a nesting duck.  Once she noticed me, she got up and swaddled off.

Nesting

Waking And Waddling

Yesterday was a day of prepping for our trip West.  Unfortunately, I did not feel well so we ended up putting off our trip.  Until the afternoon, we both were busy with organizing the house, getting things ready for our trip West.  I got in a paddle and even drove to Finn's because he wanted to make sure my wheels were secure for the trip.

Lunch was a BLT and I watched my show but then I started to feel bad and went upstairs to bed and took it easy, napping much of the afternoon and reading some of my book.  So it was not quite the day we thought it would be.  

I felt better after my nap and had dinner, eggs, and fried potatoes and watched a film we had been wanting to see called Promising Young Women, starring Oscar-nominated Carrie Mulligan. It's certainly not a feel-good movie but one all should watch especially college-age students. We watched Colbert and Jeopardy as is our usual before bed. 

 

2 comments:

  1. How far West are you heading??! Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill, Thanks for the invite. I should have been more accurate with my destination, not quite as far West as Seattle. In fact, we will be in Dallas to visit Beth's family, in KC to visit Tom's family after 17 months. Take care, still healthy, our best to your
    family. TSD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...