Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Foggy Lake Morning

6:12

7:12

7:53

I was up at 6:00, surprised to see a heavy fog so that Long Point basically has disappeared.  It was supposed to rain most of the night but the amount was negligible so far.  Today, too, it's supposed to rain all day and I hope the weatherman is right.  We need it as we are in a mild drought in this area. It's 9:15 and I have had breakfast and am off to yoga in twenty minutes.  

Yesterday was a good first day back at the lake as we were able to get a few things done.  First, I was able to kayak for close to an hour before finishing the blog.  We were, however, in no hurry to get busy as we had all day.  We finally decided that I would shop and Evie would stay home, get things put away after our trip and make a pot of Indian spiced cauliflower soup.  I didn't head off to Wegman's until 11:00 and Wednesday is always a good day to shop. The store was not very busy so I quickly filled my cart and to my surprise, only two check-out aisles were open.  On the way home, I met Evie at our mechanic's because the Honda is once again having a problem.  She dropped the Honda off and I picked her up and took her home. 

A Solitary Merganser

Lunch was back to normal, a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and cauliflower soup.  I was a happy boy.  I started a new series, recommended by my daughter Beth,  Queen of The South, another series about the drug cartels in Mexico.  So far, so good.  While I  shopped Evie not only made soup but fired up the lawnmower and cut the lawn for the first time this year and it needed it. After lunch, I read and am enjoying a new mystery set in New Zealand by Nalini Singh titled A Madness of Sunshine. I also napped while Evie finished the lawn, then drove off to Walmart to pick up some dahlia bulbs although, unfortunately, her pickings were slim. Between Walmart and Home Depot we usually find the dahlias we want but this year both seem to have many fewer options.  I am liking a new mystery set in New Zealand by Nalini Singh titled A Madness of Sunshine. 

2:30

We were not sure what to do about dinner but the weather decided it for us.  Mid-afternoon, we did get a brief shower but by 5:30, it had cleared up and we grabbed a beer and sat out on our dock, enjoying the late afternoon on the motionless lake, watching the acrobatic martins fill the sky. 

6:08

Dinner was basically our Sunday breakfast, a Turkish omelet with feta cheese and tomatoes, a bagel, and soup for an appetizer.  It was a good choice.  We then watched Colbert, Jeopardy and started an old PBS series called Unforgotten.  We may have started it a few years ago but never got very far.  We ended the night with Biden's address and laughed when Republicans sat on their hands when Biden would mention something like cutting childhood hunger in half.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...