Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Overcast And Rain

7:57

A depressing morning on the lake, fifty shades of gray, with rain and it's getting colder, the temperature dropping into the 20's tomorrow after yesterday's 65º. It could be a long day with no kayaking, yoga, or a hike because of the unpleasant weather.

Tuesday was a surprise, with lots of sunshine and warm.  I was able to get in a paddle before yoga which was great. So after the blog and breakfast, I drove to yoga and it was a crowd, three of us and Danielle. I left the class with new aches and pains but it was the good kind.  I stopped for coffee, then shopped for a few things at Tractor Supply. I was home just afternoon and Evie had been busy tearing the attic apart, making piles of stuff to be thrown out, others to be donated. It looks like a week-long task.  

For lunch, I had a toasted cheese sandwich with lentil soup.  I thought I was finished with my series because they caught the serial killer but now there are unforeseen problems, as  Inspector Wistingr is accused of falsifying evidence. 

Woodlawn

Taking Down Ash Trees

The rest of the afternoon we were entertained by guys cutting down four huge trees in our neighbor's yards, three of them ash. They are using a machine that not only extends 50 to 100 feet but also cuts and grabs the piece, safely setting it down on the ground,  They worked most of the day and have thirty feet of trunk left to finish. The operator sits in a cockpit on the truck and skillfully manipulates the saw and claws. It's fun and amazing to watch his skill but very sad making to lose more trees. 

My Kitsch Rock Garden

While Evie talked with her sisters on Zoom, I did some work in the yard, working on rocks that mark our parking area and garden. Around 6:30, Evie finished her Zoom call, made a salad, and pulled the leftover chicken piccata and rice out of the oven where it was heating up. Colbert is on vacation so we are looking for other things to watch other than Jeopardy but ended up binge-watching the rest of Season One of Shtisel. I finished Opioid Indiana and would give it a C+, not a favorite but readable, and started Sharks In The Time Of Saviors, a novel set in modern-day Hawaii.  I am not crazy about it but will stick with it for another day or two.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...