Tuesday, April 6, 2021

We Finally Did It!

6:49

7:11

Another fine morning on the lake; I could get used to this.  It's 39º, with the sun shining, a cloudless sky, and a calm lake.  What more could I ask for? It was a quiet, calm morning, paddling, lots of buffleheads, and a pair of wood ducks. 

Kayak Morning

Wood Duck Huddle

Well, we finally did it, cleaned out the attic and made piles of stuff to give to Salvation Army, the cat shelter or throw away.  It was hard making those decisions but if you have not used something for twenty years, you probably don't need it unless it has sentimental value, like our kilims and copper from Turkey. I have to admit Evie did most of the work, with me helping occasionally when something heavy needed to be pulled out or returned to the attic.  We do not have a basement or a garage for storing so we only have an unfinished room for storing stuff.  I envy all the modern homes that have three-car garages, filled with junk and as a result, they have to park their cars in the drive. 

I did get in a paddle before our attic morning and by noon, we were mostly done.  Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches, taking time out and I made some ramen.  I watched a new series that I am not crazy about set in Montreal.  After lunch, I started a new book, A Good Marriage, and so far, I am sticking with it.  Midafternoon, I went out to the garage and worked on my purple martin house, adding four gourds.  I am hoping it will not be too unwieldy or heavy to set up in the lake. Last summer was a great year for martins and we are hoping for the same this year.  They tend to arrive on April 15th so I will be putting it up this weekend.

We had a brief happy hour as it began to drizzle.  Dinner was straight from a diner, leftover chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, broccoli with a salad. Yum. We watched a couple of Hometowns and the last two episodes of Season Two of Shtikel before turning to the NCAA final.  Baylor dominated Gonzaga from the start, playing like they did in the semifinals and were unbeatable.  I stayed with until mid-way in the second half when Baylor opened a 20 point lead once again. I felt bad for Gonzaga but Baylor was just too good. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...