Friday, April 30, 2021

A Rainy Day

7:15

8:58

9:07

Well, we finally received the rain we needed, two and a half inches in the past 36 hours and more to come. It's a gray, windy, and wet morning on the lake, so there will be no kayaking alas.  It's a 44º morning, with the highs staying in the '40s. 

Thursday was a different day in that I had yoga at 10:00 for the first time in a couple of weeks.  Evie wanted to spend the morning working around the house so she was happy to see me get back to yoga.  For the first time, we had 16 in class and Danielle had to turn away a couple of students because sixteen was the maximum.  It was nice to see some of my fellow students for the first time in a year, most women of course.  I enjoyed class, found it settling, just what I needed after a drive of 2700 miles.  

When I returned home, Evie had been busy with spring house cleaning. She was in the mood to clean and organize.  She took time out to make me a ham sandwich and I had cauliflower soup as well.   I watched another episode of Queen Of The South and am into it.  So my lunches will be filled with violence and drug cartels.  As I mentioned yesterday, I am enjoying my book set in New Zealand read and napped until 2:00

Never Enough Dahlias

We then left in the rain for Stan's Nursery in Erie, thinking it would give us something to do.  We spent 15 minutes outside in the rain with Mike, a knowledgeable and helpful guy but ended up not buying anything, saving me lots of money.  We will be back!  On the way back, we passed a Walmart, stopped to see if they had any dahlias and they did, the largest collection either of us had seen.  So Evie loaded up, breaking the bank and we should have a yard filled with every kind of dahlia imaginable, sort of.  We stopped at Orton's Fruit Market in North East, PA, and picked up an all berry pie, always made on the premises. 

Great Pies, Too

We drove home in the rain and at times, a heavy fog.  Once home, Evie put together a pasta sauce with Italian sausage and mushrooms.  With a salad, we had dinner and watched the same as the night before, Colbert, Home Town, Jeopardy and a couple of episodes of PBS's Unforgotten. We ended the night with all berry pie a la mode. Yum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...