Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Another Crappy Day In Paradise

6:47

6:59

Well, this morning reminds me of the past five yesterdays, with lots of sun, a calm lake, and a cloudless sky with one exception.  It's much warmer this morning, 57º, and will get into the high '70s later in the day. I can't remember having so many striking mornings, especially in Spring. It was a spectacular day of a paddle, so I kayaked around Tom's Point and back, scaring off both a Great Blue Heron and a osprey, alas, but it was still great to be out on the lake for close to an hour and a half.  

Kayak Morning

Bemus Point Bridge

Victoria/Woodlawn

Long Point This Morning

Tuesday was a good day because I was able to enjoy the day but get some things done as well.  First, I had a fine morning on the lake, always a good way to start my day.  I then went to a yoga class and was surprised by the size of the class, moi and seven other women. One of the students stopped me after class, introduced herself and I realized she was the artist who painted a photo of purple martin babies and dropped it off at our house this past fall. We had never met, in fact, did not know each other so it was fun to meet her and be able to thank her in person.  After class, I had a number of brief stops, for coffee, the bank, the wine store, Home Depot, Wegmans and the gas station. That's why I said I got things done.

Fishing Afternoon

I met Evie as I drove down our road.  She was heading off to T.J. Maxx, a couple of nurseries and Wegman's.  She had been busy, putting together both a pot roast and letting it slow bake in the oven and a pot of chicken noodle soup.  She also made up some egg salad for my lunch so I was a happy boy.  I watched my series, loved my lunch, then read and took a nap, no surprise,. I woke wanting to get something done, and raising a purple martin house each Spring in the lake is one task that must be done.  On Monday, I put together the house and hung some gourds on it.  Yesterday I accomplished phase two, hammering a pipe into the lake, about twenty feet offshore.  All that's left to do is place the martin house on a ten-foot pole and taking it out in the lake and place it in the pole.  I am saving that task for tomorrow. The pounding of the pipe was done by 2:45 and by 3:00, I was on my way to the dentist, to get my new crown screwed into the post lodged into my jaw a couple of months ago.  It took about ten minutes and I was on my way, stopping for donuts at Farm Fresh Foods, having asked Evie if she wanted jelly or glazed.  She replied BOTH. 


A Raft Of Buffleheads

Singing Cardinal

Hugging (selfie?) Couple

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters from 5:00 to 6:00 but then we were able to sit out on our front porch for the first time this year, enjoying a libation or two and a bowl of popcorn.  It was a beautiful early evening on the lake, buffleheads diving for weeds, mallards cruising by, cardinals serenading us, and a couple, at the tip of Long Point, kissing.  What a lovely way to spend an hour.  Dinner was the pot roast and that's all we needed to make us happy.  We watched the usual, Colbert, Jeopardy, Home Town and the first episode of Season Three of Shtisel before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...