Friday, April 16, 2021

Road Trip to Dallas

6:25

It's cold and overcast so we are not sad about leaving the lake.  It's 37º and we thought we might wake up to a dusting of snow but it's just wet outside.  

Yesterday was a long day but one that we both felt was productive as we got things done which I had left for our return for our trip.  I felt better as the day went along which was good so that I could help Evie some although we both took it easy, not worrying about getting everything done,  It felt strange to skip kayaking but it was not that nice out so I did not really care.  I spent most of the morning on my computer and reading.

Evie had a great idea for lunch, waffles with Red's Best Syrup which hit the spot.  No soup or sandwich but buttermilk waffles drowned in maple syrup and butter.  Yum.  I finished another episode of George Gently and napped then did some reading.  I did some yard work and got the mail midafternoon.  Around 4:00, Evie gave me a trim, both beard, and hair, so I am ready for the road, looking once again like a young boy,

It started to cloud up around 5:00 and even had some sleet as the temperature dropped.  We were having one of my favorites for dinner, Evie's Greek Lemon Chicken with rice and spinach.  It was spot on, just what we needed to get us ready for our eight-hour drive today.  We watched Colbert, Jeopardy an a strange film from Denmark called Another Round, about four teachers who decide they might be better teachers if they are tipsy.  At first, it works but as they increase their alcohol intake, disaster follows.  As I said, it's a strange scenario for a film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...