Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Here Comes The Sun

6:08

6:50

It's almost 7:00 and I have been sitting in our living room, waiting for the sun to rise and listening to Morning Joe.  A few clouds hang over the lake on a 43º morning,  It looks like a fine day at the lake. My paddle was amazing on a lake-like glass and I was able to photograph a bald eagle, muskrat, and osprey on my way back from Sandy Bottom. 

Kayak Morning

Juvenile Bald Eagle

Muskrat Ramble

Victoria/Woodlawn

Osprey

Into The Sun

Yesterday was another day spent at Finn's Subaru repair shop in the hamlet of Niobe. I had an appointment at 9:00 but managed to get in a paddle, breakfast, and the blog before heading off to Niobe, a twenty-minute drive.  I assumed I was getting an oil change and tire rotation but ended up with a new ball joint and rotors and brake pads, alas.  Nothing is what it seems. So I was there for a couple of hours and spent the first hour walking in the area, a pleasant walk on a road that dead-ends on Little Brokenstraw Creek. 

Niobe Walk

Little Brokenstraw Creek

I was home by 11:30 and Evie was ready to hit the road, to do some errands in Lakewood.  I made myself a ham sandwich for lunch and watched another episode of George Gently but am getting tired of George's silly assistant detective.  I will look for something else to watch during lunch I guess.

House Finch

House and Golden Finch

I read and napped, my usual routine and did some yard work before Evie came home around 3:30.  It was a pleasant afternoon but I lacked the mojo to go for a walk or bike ride for some reason and just sat around, reading or watching some of the news,  

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and put together a vodka pasta dinner around 6:30. With salad and garlic breadsticks, we had a quick dinner.  We watched the last two episodes of Season Three of Shtisel and we loved how the series ended.  It's ending is right up there with other great final episodes like The Killing and The Americans.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and Colbert, what else? 

Monday Night At 7:45


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...