Monday, March 22, 2021

Pink Sky In The Morning

7:10

7:25

7:42

It's another beautiful morning on the lake, a cloudless sky, the sun painting the shoreline sky pink, as it waits to rise.  It's warmer than yesterday morning by 10º, at 37º, and well get up into the '60s.  It does not get much better than this.  

Getting Ready For Spring

Sunday was a good day to get outside, to do something productive, or just for fun.  We did both.  We decided early on to get in an early walk at the Chautauqua Institution when the temperature was still in the '20s.  We were on our way by 9:30, after breakfast and the blog.  Before we left, I tied my kayak on the car roof because I was dropping it off at Evergreen Outfitters to see about getting a new seat.  

The Bell Tower At The Chautauqua Institution

The weather was perfect for walking and we were literally the only ones on the walks of the CI.  We walked for an hour, close to three miles, looking for green, evidence of the beginning of Spring.  It felt good as always to be outdoors, out of the house, enjoying the Victorian atmosphere of the CI.  We then stopped at the kayak shop, dropped off my kayak, and drove home, ready for our breakfast.  

Thunder Bridge At CI

An Empty Outdoor Assembly

CI Lake Front

Instead of the usual bacon, Evie made us avocado toast to go with our fried eggs, a nice change.  We watched CBS Sunday Morning to the end, as neither of us wanted to get up and do something, like clean up the kitchen.  For the next couple of hours, I was glued to the TV, Loyola defeated Illinois in the second round of March Madness. It was the first time I watched an entire game this year. While I binged on basketball, Evie pulled out a chaise lounge and enjoyed the cool but sunny afternoon in the side yard. By 3:30, I was bored with basketball and decided to work on cleaning our car since we have more or less decided, after Saturday's excursion, to stick with our Outback for another year.  Evie joined me and between the two of us, the car looks great, the inside spic n span, the outside clean with a few dings. It felt like Spring, outside cleaning our car.

Woodlawn Ice Floes

We were in no hurry for dinner but by 6:30, we were both hungry.  Earlier, Evie had roasted slices of eggplant in the oven, so all she needed to do was add a pasta sauce and red pepper flakes, cook up some noodles, make a salad and we had a delicious meal. It's a simple meal, eggplant, and sauce but one of our favorites. We watched the first episode of Stanley Tucci in Italy and our dinner of eggplant pasta was a perfect accompaniment.  We then watched Real Time With Bill Maher and a couple of episodes of Hometown before bed.  I am still struggling to find a book I like.  I am on my third but may be ready for a fourth.  I used to stick with a book if I started it, but no more.  My tastes have also changed over the years, from heavy and serious to entertainments, like mysteries or crime, alas. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...