Friday, March 12, 2021

Blue Skies And Sunshine

6:12

6:35

6:43

7:09

Well, I have to move around the living room this morning to avoid the bright sun in our living room windows and I am not complaining.  It's 39º and will get up into the '40s but not the '60s like the past couple of days.  The lake is beginning to thaw along the shoreline but a few ice fishermen are already out this morning.

They're Back

Yesterday was a lazy day for both of us, neither one of us want to go for a walk or hike.  I did have breakfast with two of the guys at the Bemus Point Inn for the first time in a year.  It felt good to get together once again and I hope we can continue with it. After breakfast, I returned home briefly, finished up the blog, and drove off to Yin Yoga at Eight Limbs.  Unlike Tuesday when I was the only one there, we had a class of eight of us, safely distanced and wearing masks. I enjoyed Tuesday's class more than yesterday, perhaps because it was more rigorous.  

Evie's Blue Bird

I stopped at a new shop called the Pea Pod & Juniper and picked out a tchotchke for Evie, a blue glass bird, thinking she would like it.  I was right; she loved it and for a few hours, I was the Man! It is cute.  Evie then left to visit our good friend Linda, who is recovering from surgery on her wrist.  Evie went bearing some goodies and spent an hour with Linda.  I made an Asian soup and toasted a bagel with a smear of cream cheese and tomatoes.  

The afternoon was filled with the sun but we both stayed inside.  I read and napped and Evie returned from Linda's and started making a chicken soup by simmering a whole chicken I picked up at Sav A Lot after yoga. I also checked on the good old Honda which had been sitting in the garage and the tires were fine, she started up easily so I took her for a brief cruise down to the Stow Ferry and back. She's ready for Spring.

Late Afternoon Colors

We enjoyed a happy hour, highlighted by a nice big bowl of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn, an Evie favorite. Dinner was heating up the leftover chicken from Wednesday night's dinner and making a salad. We watched the usual, Colbert, the news, and for a change, a couple episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond.  We are still looking for a good series to follow at night.  

The most recent The New Yorker has a long essay on artist Nicole Eisenman. I was so struck by her painting of people at a house party that I decided to include it in my blog.

"Another Green World"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...