Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Day In The Life

8:28 AM

Monday's Sunset at 6:16

The morning pink has disappeared, the gray has taken over the sky on a 30º morning.  Yesterday's snow has melted uncovering the green lawn.  The lake, however, is still frozen, the ice thick enough to hold four-wheelers.  I also listened to the second episode of Renegades, the conversation between Obama and Bruce Springsteen on the legacy of Race. The first part centers on the inclusion of Black saxophonist Clarence Clemmons in Bruce's band from the very beginning, in 1974. 

Yoga With Danielle

Yesterday I had a good morning, falling back to my pre-Covid routine.  After breakfast and the blog, I was on my way to yoga at Eight Limbs for only the second time since March.  There were four of us, and all were friends from past classes.  Everyone brought their own yoga mats, but I brought a bolster and blanket as well.  The class was great and I felt as if I had never stopped going, I hope to go once a week as classes are still limited to two mornings, two afternoons a week. After class, I stopped for a coffee at an empty Ryders Cup and said aloha to the owner/barista, Joyce.  I then stopped by the Off The Beaten Path bookstore to say hello to the owner Bob but the bookstore was closed on Mondays unfortunately so I will have to wait for another day to see him. By the time I stepped out of yoga, the sun was out, the skies were blue and Monday ended up being a fine day to my surprise.

Coffee At Ryders Cup

Beaten Path Bookstore

 For lunch, I had a toasted cheese sandwich along with some of my white bean stew and rice.  And despite the fact that it was such a beautiful day out, neither of us had the desire to go for a walk.  Strange.  I guess we just needed a day off.  I was into my book, "The Unwilling", so I was happy and I took a good nap.  Evie stayed busy and did not have to worry about dinner because we were having the steak special at Steeners once again, mostly, I think for the hand-cut french fries.


Ice Fishing

Dusk

I picked up our dinner at 6:30 and was surprised that Steener's Pub's dining room was packed with diners...no 50% of capacity there. The sunset on my way home was spectacular so I took a photo since we rarely get a sunset at our home.  Dinner was great, especially the fries, and we watched a Colbert, then started a series on Netflix that we did not like, Ginny and Georgia, and quickly switched to Enlightenment on HBO. We are not taken with it either but watched two episodes before ending with Home Town, always worth watching,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...