Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Clear Skies, A Rising Sun

7:12

7:15

Victoria/Woodlawn 

It's 7:15 and the sun has just risen, filling the living room with light, the sky light blue, the lake's surface ruffled from the light wind.  A few buffleheads are swimming in front of our house and all is well at Chautauqua Lake. I did get in a forty five minute paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back, scattering buffleheads as I kayaked. 




Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a boring day as I had a cardiologist appointment at Cleveland Clinic in Ashtabula, an hour and a half drive.  I must be crazy to go that far but I lost a couple of doctors in Erie so I thought why not go with the best.  So after a morning of helping Evie some with our next big chore, going through the attic and getting rid of stuff, I left for Ashtabula at 11:45.  It seemed to be a wasted day as the appointment lasted about ten minutes and I was on my way home. 

I was home by 3:30 and Evie had been busy, tearing apart the attic, set aside lots of junk to be thrown away.  I helped transport it out to the garage and will take it to the Transfer Station on Saturday.  It actually felt good to make some headway with Kondo-ing or tidying up our attic.  It's not done and will take a couple of more days to get it the way we want it.  The hardest part is what to do with things we don't want but are still good. 

Long Point Late Afternoon

We decided to have a happy hour with a beer and popcorn, a good way to end our day.  Why does popcorn taste so good sometimes?  Anyways, it was spot on and we were both happy, Evie with the attic, me with my trip to Ohio over.  Dinner was easy, the leftover Turkish koftes, with tomato sauce, and a salad and we watched a Hometown and another episode of Shtisel before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...