Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Frost In The Morning

6:06

6:17

6:18


7:48

I woke to another pink sky morning, a bright rising sun, a glistening lake, and a frozen lawn.  A couple of tents are out on the ice fishing on this 36º morning. The big melt continues as the temperature may get up into the '60s later in the day although parts of our road and parking area are still frozen.  

Tuesday was another sunny day, the sixth in a row almost making me forget about the Chautauqua gray days of winter past.  After coffee, breakfast, and the blog, I gathered up my yoga mat, bolster, and blanket and drove off to Eight Limbs for yoga.  I was surprised to find that I was the only one there so I had class geared to my aches and pains, with an emphasis on hamstrings, back, and hips. Danielle is always aware of her student's needs so it was a good class, and I felt refreshed and ready to shop.  After Wegman's, I made a couple of stops, at the bank, the can man, the car wash, and finally, the gas station.

When I returned home, Evie wondered where I had been since she thought I was only going to yoga and Wegmans.  She had been busy in the kitchen, prepping meals and lunches and making one of our favorite cookies, Chinese almond cookies.  I had the vegetable soup for lunch along with some pub cheese and crackers, an easy lunch.  I am not taken with my new series, Winter Sun, but I stuck with it for a half-hour. Since I was up early, at 6:00, I did not read for long and napped for a good hour. Love it.  

Woodlawn Creek

Victoria/Woodlawn

We had planned on a walk around the CI but Evie passed and took the day off. I decided to walk the Woodlawn/Victoria woods in our neighborhood.  Usually, I walk up Kinney's Run, cross the road, then Woodlawn creek but the creek was literally a torrent so that I could not find a way across. I had to walk up the road and cross over into the woods by Pine Hill.  The woods were both snow-covered and covered with dead leaves, leftover from the fall. I walked close to a mile and a half and, the woods filled with sun and shadows of trees and was out for forty minutes.  

Path Through The Woods

Sunlight And Shadows

Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters when I walked in, so I made myself a Baba drink, seltzer and cranberry juice, with lemon and relaxed with my book until it was time for dinner.  Dinner was Evie's chili made on Monday, but I doctored it up with pasta, hot sauce, cheese, and sour cream, a version of Cincinnati chili.  We watched Colbert, then a decent film called Hustlers. Based on fact, it tells the story of a group of strippers, having lost their livelihood as a result of the Great Recession of 2008, who decide to fleece their clients, maxing their credit cards, after drugging them.  Surprisingly, we liked it and Jennifer Lopez was amazing on the pole. We ended the night with another home improvement show called At Home With The Fords.  It's interesting because all of their renovations are in the Pittsburgh area but the hosts, a brother and sister, lack charm and personality.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...