Sunday, March 7, 2021

In The Teens, Agan

 

Evie Among The Snow Flakes

6:37

6:53

7:01

7:58

A chilly, partly cloudy morning here on the lake, a good start to the day.  It's not too cold for the ice fishermen as they were out by 6:30 when I got up.  I think we will wait for a couple of hours so it can warm up into the '20s and a walk will be more pleasant.

Still Snow Covered

Yesterday was a typical Saturday although it snowed off and on during the day with hardly any accumulation.  We knew we wanted to get in some exercise and Evie was hot to cross country ski so after I dropped the trash off, we decided to not only ski but get some things done.  We thought Webb's Trail might be our best bet, not icy with a couple inches of snow.  We were partly correct but we had to be careful to stay on the edges of the trail, avoiding the icy tracks made by snowmobiles.  We manage to ski to the end and back, in no hurry, wanting to make sure we did not risk a fall.  We were out for an hour, a good outing.  We then went to Mayville ane Evie picked up a prescription from Rite Aid.  We also stopped at Evergreen Outfitters.  I need a new seat for my 15-year-old Pungo kayak and I talked with the owner about ordering a new seat once I get him photos of what I need.  He's a good guy.  We then decided on a pork chop dinner so we stopped at the Lighthouse Grocery, picked up pork chops, and as a lark, a quarter of a pound of bologna for lunch.

Golden Beech Trees

Before we went out to ski, Evie had put together another pot of her vegetable soup, using lots of leftovers, adding beans and rice.  So I had a bowl of that for lunch along with an amazing fried bologna sandwich, fat with four or five slices of bologna. Yum.  I was a happy camper.  And like most of the afternoons, we did little the rest of the day, watching some TV, reading, and wondering whether we ought to get outside again and do something.  No.  I did finish my book The Unwilling and am now struggling to find something I like.  I have tried a couple of books and think I will stick with William Kent Krueger's first Cork O'Connor, novel, Iron Lake.  

Around 5:30, Evie breaded the pork chops, let them air for a half-hour and I washed up some red potatoes and put them in the oven to bake. Evie then fried up the chops, put them in the oven with the potatoes until both were done.  With a salad and homemade applesauce, we had another tasty dinner and we both loved the pork chops.  Sometimes they are just what you want.  We watched a couple of episodes of a new series on Netflix called Behind Her Eyes, a psychological thriller, with lots of scary dreams and sleepwalking. We ended the night with a laugh, watching Bill Maher's Real-Time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...