Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Changing Morning Sky

First Bufflehead


7:58

8:59

A gentle wind, a calm lake, overcast skies, with a bit of drizzle start a Spring weekend here on the lake.  It's 46º, may get up to the mid-50s later in the day. And yesterday's high winds caused little if any damage around here other than some deadfall. I did get in a good paddle, out for forty-five minutes, scattering buffleheads as I kayaked by, listening to sounds of loons, geese, crows, and song birds.

Kayak Morning

Buffleheads

Spring Sky

Amazing Morning Light

Not much happened yesterday, as neither of us got in a hike although we were both busy in the morning, less so in the afternoon.  After breakfast and blog, Evie put together a shopping list for Wegman's and I drove off to Jamestown, to drop off my W-2 forms, alas, as I am expecting to have to pay this year.  After filling out a form, verifying my information, I drove to Wegman's and shopped.  It was surprisingly quiet so I was in and out quickly, hoping I bought everything we needed.  

When I returned, Evie was busy finishing up the deep cleaning of our kitchen and started making a pot of mercimek corba, or lentil soup. For lunch, she made a salad with the leftover salmon and I like the salmon salad better than a filet, so I was a happy boy watching my series, Wisting.  My afternoon went as usual as I read and napped, then finished my novel, Summer Water by Sarah Moss, and started a new one called Opioid Indiana.  I liked Summer Water and seem happy with Opioid Indiana. Evie finished her chores and was able to relax much of the afternoon and was happy to know that we were getting a take-out for dinner, no fuss, no dishes.

I picked up a couple of burgers and fries from the Seezurh House which was busy, as was much of Bemus Point, lots of cars, few parking spaces.  The burgers and fries were fine; we have always thought that the Seezurh House has the best burgers around.  Since we finished our latest series, Beartown, we decided to try another one and started the first season of Shtisel, an Israeli series from 2013 which follows an ultra-conservative Jewish family. We liked it enough to binge-watch a few episodes before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...