Friday, March 26, 2021

Showers And Heavy Winds


6:57

7:15

7:24

It looks like a  fall morning, with the dark cloud masses, the wind, the 57º weather.  There are wind advisories for the next twelve hours and even Niagara Mohawk, our power company is sending out warnings. Strangely, despite the threatening clouds, the sun has just come out at 7:30, brief as it may be. Literally, a couple minutes after I mentioned the sun, it has started to rain. 

8:31

Thursday was unseasonably warm, the kind of weather that makes you nervous, and I guess today's heavy winds are the result.  After breakfast and the blog, I drove to Westfield for a yearly physical, in the new digs for the Health Center. I had a good talk with my PA, had blood drawn, and was out, getting a cup of coffee at the new coffee shop in Westfield by 10:30.  When I returned home, Evie continued with her spring cleaning, cleaning the cupboards for dishes, vases, storage bins we no longer need.  I decided to fill the potholes in parts of our road, so I drove back to Mayville and filled two buckets with ground-up asphalt called millings. There's a huge pile on the side of the road and I talked with a worker who said it should not be a problem to take a couple of buckets. I then filled most of the potholes with millings, saving some for touch up.  It should last through till next Spring when I will have to do it again.  

Lunch was the leftover pizza from Pace's and my show, Wisting.  I then did the usual, read, and took a nap while Evie continued to stay busy in the kitchen, scrubbing our kitchen cabinets, then treating them with Murphy's oil soap, then polishing them.  They look great.  Not to be outdone, after my nap I worked on our back porch, cleaning and washing out some of the stains and putting away winter stuff in the garage's attic, pulling out some of the summer junk. 

We were able to relax with sparkling cider spritzers and listen to the pundits discuss Biden's first press conference.  We both felt he did well, struck the right tone.  Fox News as expected, was hilariously petty, making fun of his use of notes among other things. Dinner was one of our favorites, salmon marinated in miso, soy, vinegar, and maple syrup, garlic spinach, salad, and rice.  We watched Colbert then binge-watched the last three episodes of Beartown, a series on HBO.  It becomes intense when a scandal hits a hockey crazy small town in Sweden, threatening their livelihood and arena.  In some ways, it's Friday Night Lights set in Sweden, not Texas, and it's hockey, not football.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...