Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Stormy Weather

7:14

7:36
What a difference to wake up to a windy day, choppy lake, gray skies, and rain, in other words, a Spring morning. It's a pleasant 50º and will get up into the '60s later in the day. No kayaking this morning because of the wind and rain and choppy seas.  

Kayaking Tuesday Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn 

Yesterday was a shopping day as we have been putting off the big push at Wegman's for over a week.  The morning for me was a busy one, as I was able to get in a short paddle before driving off to Eight Limbs for a yoga class, one of two practitioners.  We had a rigorous class, as I left with my hamstrings screaming, enough. I was having another dentist appointment at 11:30, so I had a few minutes to waste so I ran into Aldi's and picked up a few things, My appointment was to check on the post that was implanted ten weeks ago, make sure it was fine, then take Xrays for my new crown. It took twenty minutes and I was out of there, ready for a new crown in a couple of weeks.  Since I was out, I browsed a store called Runners which has everything from fertilizer, to hay, to fishing stuff, to clothes, to wrenches, etc. I walked out with a four-dollar pair of work gloves.

I was home by 12:30 and Evie made me a salami sandwich to go along with a bowl of spicy ramen and I started a new series, a Swedish noir called Wisting. Talk about gray, the sun never shines in this Swedish town where a serial killer is on the loose.  Around 1:30, Evie left for a shopping day at Wegman's and I read some, still not happy with my book, and took another good nap.  It's hard to say why one book grabs me, another I just cannot get into.  Well, I think I found something I like, an unlikely novel called Summer Water by Sarah Moss.  In it, a middle-aged woman wakes up at a vacation cottage in Scotland, looks back at all the things she's missed in her life, and goes for a long run, thinking about her life.  Why this grabbed me is a mystery while Deacon King Kong didn't.  Evie returned home by 3:30 and it took a while to put everything away,  But by 5:00, we were relaxed and Evie was ready for a Zoom call with her sisters, a Tuesday afternoon routine since Covid19.  For dinner, we had a rotisserie chicken, with mashed potatoes, sweet-sour green beans with bacon, and a salad, easy and good.  After we ate, I realized while doing up the dishes that we had no hot water which meant calling up the plumber this morning. Yuck.  

We watched a Colbert, Jeopardy, then a new series I have been wanting to watch on HBO called Beartown, set in Sweden, as a serious hockey town struggles with its past. It is based on a novel by Fredrick Backman who also wrote one of our favorite books A Man Called Ove,  We watched the first episode and though it's somewhat predictable, teen romance, and old neighbor grudges, we liked it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...