Sunday, March 28, 2021

Bring On The Rain

 

7:42

8:35

I was hoping to get in a paddle but when I woke, I realized it was supposed to rain most of the day and at the moment, 7:00, it has just begun. It's 50º and overcast, a light wind, the sounds of geese echo over the lake. 

In contrast to today's dreary morning, Saturday was a fine day, with lots of sun, warmth, a full moon, and weather so pleasant that we were able to enjoy cocktails and appetizers out on our front porch for the first time in 2021.  I was able to get in a good paddle around 8:00, then come home and finish up the blog and have breakfast.  It was our turn to have our bubble friends over for dinner so much of the day was spent prepping for dinner.  By 10:00. we had the house and kitchen clean, the trash ready to be taken to the Transfer Station.  So I was on my way, did my Saturday duty, and came home thinking about going for a bike ride.  I  got out my bike, pumped up the tires, and fastened my bike rack on the Outback.  I drove over to Bemus, parked near the bridge on a street, and took off, thinking I would go for a half-hour, down to the end of Lakeside Drive and back. It felt good, however, so I rode for an hour, through the park, out to Long Point, then back to Bemus and my car.  I was surprised how good I felt, that I wanted to bike out to Long Point.  Unfortunately, Evie thought I was going for a short ride so she was worried about why I was taking so long and called me just as I was on our road. 

Biking To Long Point

Lunch was the leftover mashed potatoes, made into cakes, fried along with a couple of eggs.  I watched my series on TV and they finally caught the serial killer, saved Wister's daughter.  I then read some, napped briefly but was in the TV room by 3:00 to watch March Madness, in this case, the Loyola/Oregon State game.  Unfortunately, it was a bore, neither team playing well and my team, Loyola, lost.  I did, however, realize that the women's game was also on ESPN and featured two of the best women b-ballers in the country, both freshmen.  So I watched quite a bit of the woman's game and it was much more interesting and fun than the Loyola game.  

Moon Rising At 7:33 PM

Evie had everything ready and organized for dinner early so she could relax much of the afternoon.  Around 6:00, Linda and Ron arrived and I had the whiskey sours ready along with cheese and crackers and we were able to sit comfortably on our front porch, The whiskey sours hit the spot of course and we commented on how fortunate we were to be outside and together.  Once we finished our drinks, Evie brought out steaming cups of Turkish lentil soup to begin our Turkish meal.  Once we finished the soup, Ron and I went out and grilled the spicy lamb koftes.  Evie had the pita bread and tomato sauce ready for our Iskender kebabs, a combination of toasted pita, lamb koftes, topped with tomato sauce and yogurt.  We also had a salad with a tahini dressing and garbanzo beans. Dinner was great of course, making us think of cookouts during the summer months.  We ended the evening in the living room, with slices of Junior's cheesecake, topped with raspberries. They left in a moonlit night around 10:00 and we decided to forget about the kitchen and leave it for this morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...