Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Apocalypse Now?


6:18

7:06

7:08

8:04

I am going to predict a Biden landslide after watching the wonderful documentary about the Obama years, "The Way I See It," featuring the photographs and narration of White House photographer Peter Souza.  I have faith that the American people,  having elected the first black President twice, are too smart and good to be fooled twice by Trumpism and its conspiracy theories, undermining truth and our democracy.


I woke early, at 6:15, to a majestic dark cloud hovering over the lake, a slash of yellow just below. The ground is still snow-covered but as the temperature starts to rise from this mornings 37º, it will melt. I am taking my car into my Subaru guy Finn at 9:00, for an oil change, tire rotation, and brake cleaning if needed but was able to get in a forty minute paddle, down to Sandy Bottom, on a calm lake.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday went quickly, as we stayed inside much of the day because of the first snow of fall.  I did try to paddle but was chased in by the choppy waves after 15 minutes.  Evie slept in some but was up when I returned from a short paddle.  We finished the blog and then got busy getting a few things done in the house because we decided to brave the cold and snow and walk the woods of Long Point State Park.  We did not get off until 11:00 and because of the wind, we stayed in the woods not venturing out to the tip of Long Point.  It was a good choice although it cut our walk short.  We were out for maybe forty-five minutes, just enough to feel good about ourselves.

Snow Covered Trails Of Long Point

When we returned home,  I heated up the leftover pork and sauerkraut for lunch and watched my show, Babylon Berlin.  I have four more episodes before finishing the series.  Neither one of us felt like doing much the rest of the day.  I read and napped, and Evie played Words With Friends and watched or listened to the news.  We decided on spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, so Evie pulled some meatballs out of the freezer, added a jar of pasta sauce and we had dinner.  We enjoyed a glass of wine before dinner, listening to the repetitive but always breaking news.

Because my sister Ellen highly recommended the Obama documentary "The Way I See It", we watched it while eating our spaghetti dinner.  Both were great, especially the documentary which made you long for decency, honor and integrity in the White Office, not a twittering demagogue. We didn't watch much but the news channels the rest of the night, too nervous to watch a series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...