Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Today We Honor Our Veterans

7:06

7:44

It's 8:50 and I was out on the water, in a light drizzle for forty-five minutes.  Gray skies abound,  quite a contrast to the past week's clear blue skies.  In fact, yesterday felt like summer, with the highs in the 70's if not 80º in some parts of Western New York.

Kayak On The Shore


Paddling Towards Bemus

Because Tuesday was so nice, almost too warm in the afternoon, we spent much of the day outside, paddling first, of course, then planning our day.  While Evie stayed home and did some work in the house as well as making dinner, chicken enchiladas,  I drove off to the Lighthouse, parked my car and went for an hour ride around the north section of the lake, along Sea Lion Drive and beyond and back.  I picked up lunch at the Lighthouse, a bowl of clam chowder soup and a beef on weck sandwich, with lots of horseradish.  I finished my show, Babylon Berlin, the ending somewhat confusing and unremarkable.

Looking South From Sea Lion Drive

Mayville Path

Where's The Trail?

I then briefly napped after having done some raking around the docks and privets, piles which Evie was going to mulch.  I then napped briefly and Evie began the mowing of our yard, mulching the leaves.  I came out to help and she had done half the yard and was enjoying sunbathing at the water's edge in a chaise lounge.  I joined her by laying in the grass, getting my Vitamin D for the day.  Who would have thought we would be sunbathing in November? Once we had enough sun, Evie fired up the mower and I did likewise and we had dueling mowers going, as I cut our next-door neighbor's yard.  By 4:30, both yards were immaculate, not a leaf in sight.  At 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sister's and I read and watched some of the news until 6:30 when we pulled the enchiladas out of the oven, covered them with salsa, lettuce, and sour cream, and watched TV.  We started with Colbert then watched a couple episodes of a 2011 British series on Prime called The Hour.  It stars Dominic West after he became famous from the Wire. It is set in Post WW II England and centers on a journalist, a producer, and an anchorman on an investigative news program. We ended the night with an Off The Grid episode. 

Knocking Down Pines

The Start To Building A New Lake Wall Along Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...