Saturday, November 28, 2020

A Blast Of Sunshine

Amen

7:41

7:46

7:52

7:52

It's 9:00 and I paddled for forty minutes on a chilly morning despite a brief blast of sun earlier in the morning.  Now, it's a completely overcast sky, a gray lake to match with a northwesterly wind.  I paddled into the wind down to Magnolia and back, making sure I did not have a struggle on the way home.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday we battled the post-Thanksgiving blues and did well.  With nothing to look forward to, we managed to enjoy the day, make something fun out of it.  We started as usual, with a paddle, blog and breakfast finally deciding on driving to the Audubon Community Nature Center. 

Driving Miss Evie


Crossing the Wetlands

It's a half-hour drive through pleasant fields and farms.  We arrived about 11:00 and walked close to three miles through woods, fields, next to ponds, a variety of landscapes that makes for an interesting hike.  We passed three other hikers during our walk, so we had the woods mostly to ourselves.  


Beaver Damage

Deadfall

A Hemlock Trail

We ended up at the Center and renewed our membership before driving to Jamestown, stopping at the Labyrinth Press Coffee shop, for a burrito to go and a latte for Evie.  We did not get home until 1:30 later than we thought but, hey, we had nothing we had to do.  I enjoyed my Havana burrito, with black beans, veggies, and sour cream, while watching my series.  I then read and took a great nap, not waking until after 3:00.

We relaxed until about 6:00 when Evie popped some popcorn and I made us Manhattans, our usual weekend treat.  We listened to music until at least 7:30 before heating up or dinner in the microwave, the leftovers from our turkey dinner. It was a treat, turkey, stuffing and gravy, a much as we could eat.  We watched a Colbert, some news and ended the night with the finals of The Great British Baking Show and the winner was who I predicted but I won't ruin it for a reader if you have not yet watched it.  I was tired after the show and was happy to get back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...