Tuesday, November 10, 2020

I Feel Like I Got My Country Back

Symbol Of The Strength Of Our Democracy


6:36

7:08

7:09

7:18

Another boring sunny morning in paradise.  I paddled in 55º temperatures for an hour and was rewarded with a bald eagle sitting on a pine tree branch, long enough for me to get some good shots of him with my camera.  Photos of wildlife have been scarce lately, as we wait for migrating waterfowl.

Kayaking North

Golden Reeds

Bald Eagle

Woodlawn/Victoria

Yesterday was a forgettable morning for me as I spent close to an hour and a half in a dentist chair, getting a new crown, or more accurately, preparing for a new crown. I didn't leave until 9:30 so I was able to kayak and finish the blog,  I stopped at Wegman's on the way home for our dinner, a rotisserie chicken and Spanish peanuts for my tin roof dessert.  While I was gone, Evie was a whirlwind, having cleaned both porches and washed windows, a few that I did not get to on Sunday. She took time out to make my lunch, soup, and a sandwich and I am on the last episode of Babylon Berlin, I think.  

I then read some, briefly napped but Evie continued to be busy with the house, giving it a good spring cleaning but in the fall.  I helped some but not much having lost my mojo by sitting in a dentist chair much of the morning.  We hated to stay inside but decided to put off mulching the leaves and working in the yard until today although I did get a few things done outside, emptying window boxes and pots filled with the last of our geraniums.  I should have biked but didn't, preferring to sit around and read or watched some TV, listening to the lunatic rave on despite losing the election.  Will he never go away?

Dusk

We both decided to celebrate the saving of our democracy with a Manhattan and some good cheese, this time a Camembert.  We settled down on our couches just as the sun dropped behind the horizon, and the sky and lake began to darken.  We listened to the news, had enough, and Evie played some oldies by Macy Gray, a former Reserve student.  Dinner was merely cutting up the chicken and preparing the baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and salt, and pepper.  We watched some news, then the last two episodes of Teheran. The ending was disappointing as nothing was solved; everything was left in the air for another season I guess. It was aggravating to say the least,  We ended the evening watching the much-recommended documentary on Netflix called The Social Dilemma.  It's not only troubling but scary to see how we are being used, manipulated by the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...