Thursday, November 19, 2020

Kayaking On A Windy Morning

6:40

6:56

7:06

First Bird, A Tufted Titmouse

Well, I decided to get out on the lake despite the wind gusts.  Fortunately, I could paddle right into the wind going south, keeping my kayak steady and the wind was at my back as I paddled home.  I flushed numerous rafts of mallards but that's about it.  I was out just over 30 minutes, enough to get some enjoyment.  I listened to an Obama playlist, eclectic to say the least with BB King, Bruce, John Coltrane, Frank Sinatra, Beyonce, Eminem, U2, and Jay Z to name a few.  


Northern Sky

Southern Sky

Yesterday was cold and cloudy but we were determined to keep busy, get outside, and enjoy the weather.  So after I  had my Peets coffee from our new coffee pot, kayaked, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and practiced yoga for a half-hour, we decided to bundle up and go walk Long Point State Park, our favorite walk.  We took our time, met only a dog walker, as most people have stopped enjoying the parks because of the weather.  Instead of crunching leaves, we crunched snow which still covered some of the paths.  Our walk took us over an hour, two and a half miles and we loved it, just being outdoors.

Trail At Long Point

Hiking In Gray

Evie promised me toasted cheese sandwiches with jam when we returned home, so I was excited.  With another bowl of lentil soup, my show, Long Way Up, I was one happy boy.  After our hike, I read some, took a nap and then we went to pick up my old Honda which needed a new battery.  As I was getting my keys, a vendor was delivering window washer fluid to my mechanic.  He had ordered three boxes of fluid but the guy gave him three plastic bottles, saying that they were no longer making the fluid and people were going to be in trouble soon because of the shortage.  So I went right out and bought two bottles from two different stores which also seemed to be running out.  So get out there and get a bottle for the winter, especially if you live in snowy areas.

5:43

Sun Setting On Bemus Point Farm

Warner Bay at 5:43

Around 5:00, we prepped out dinner, Singapore Noodles, with Evie sauteeing tofu, mushrooms and asparagus while I made up the sauce.  We then had our wine and listened to the news until we got hungry around 6:15.  I then fried the shrimp, added the Nappa cabbage and bean sprouts until tender, then added Evie's goodies and the sauce (curry powder, oyster sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, and soy) while we cooked the linguini.  Once the linguini was done, we added them to the stir fry and we had Singapore noodles.  We feasted on our stir fry and watched the last two episodes of The Hour, Colbert, and one episode of The Crown. I went up and started a new book, The Cold Millions, by Jess Walter, set in Spokane in 1909.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...