Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Sun, The Sun

Sweet Sixteen To Our Granddaughter Halle

6:46

7:23

What a surprise to wake up to a clear, blue sky and a brilliant sunrise, one that fills our living room with light.  I paddled for a half-hour, discouraged by the fact that duck hunters were out along Victoria which made me shorten my trip.  I saw their boat cross the lake at 6:30, just a light in the darkness and wondered what they were doing...duck hunting.

Kayaking Long Point

Yesterday was a typical Saturday for us, busy early, getting in a hike, then a relaxing afternoon.  After kayaking and the blog, we cleaned up the kitchen, gathered the trash and by 10:30, were off to the Transfer Station, then over to Long Point State Park, our go-to hiking trail.  



Whenever we are not sure where to hike, we always head there.  It was a chilly morning, breezy, but perfect for our hike.  We missed only the snow blowing in our faces as walked out on the Point to make it perfect.  We took our time, were out for close to an hour and a half, getting home by 12:30.




Lunch was leftovers, of course, the mac n cheese and a sauerkraut soup that Evie had put together earlier in the week.  I watched my show, finished up my Ann Cleves novel, and napped for a good forty-five minutes.  We did little but relax until 4:00 when we Face Timed our daughter Beth's family in Dallas, all five together for the holidays. It's been a year since we have seen them except for Tyler, who spent a week with us in late summer.  They are fine, busy, with school or work, lucky to have school or work.  It was fun to see them, to talk with them.

We were having one of my many favorites for dinner, Wienerschnitzel, so Evie had breaded it earlier in the afternoon and starting frying it up around 6:00, just as the baked potatoes were done. It reminded me of my first Wienerschnitzel dinner in Vienna back in 1971. I had no idea what it was, just that I should order it in the restaurant. We loved it, of course, with lemon and butter and applesauce, homemade.  We watched a couple of episodes of the third season of The Tunnel but it seems to be going off the wall, with Satanic rites, sacrificial killings, crazy things like that.  We may not stay with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...