Saturday, November 7, 2020

Another Splendid Morning

6:36

7:09

7:18

8:47

It' 8:50 and I was out for an hour paddling over to the Long Point Bathhouse because I heard the call of a loon in that direction.  Unforunately, I saw none and went back across the lake to Wells Bay and home.  I assume the great blue herons have migrated, alas, but I did see a raft of hooded mergansers. It was a busy lake, with lots of fishing boats because the weather has been so delightful. 

Kayaking Towards Long Point

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Hooded Mergansers

Home

Yesterday was a great day for me, with lots of outdoor activities but not so for Evie who had a bad night, no doubt, stressing about the election.  We cannot wait till it's over so we can relax until Trump marshalls his forces and starts a war of sorts, hopefully, just in the courts, not on the streets. I paddled early, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and then went for an excellent bike ride. I parked just beyond the bridge and took my usual ride, along Lakeside Drive, through Long Point State Park and home. I was gone for just over an hour on a  sunny and warm day.  I ran into the guys who were parked along with Victoria in their duck blind.  Their pontoon boat is quite a set up, camouflaged with pine boughs, a gas stove, and a coffee pot in the interior. They recognized me and laughed that I hardly recognized them last week.  

Biking Long Point

Long Point

Two Trails

Bringing In The Duck Blind

Local Humor?

I was home by noon and Evie warmed up the rice, tomato sauce, and meatballs for my lunch.  I am nearing the end of my series and am ready to start something new.  I read and napped, as usual, waking to more election news, as the ballots seem to have stalled in a couple of States.  I can listen to the pundits for about ten minutes, then have to go on to something else.  Around 3:30, we both went out and worked in the yard for an hour, pulling out all of Evie's dahlias, no longer blooming, filling up another pail.  We also cut back all of the perennials and did some raking of the beds so that I took another two pails up the hill to the woodpile.

Fishing Off Of Long Point

We relaxed with a glass of wine, listening, with laughter, to Fox News 'makeup' the fraud with no evidence, just the loudmouth of the Whiner in Chief.  Around 6:30, Evie made a salad, topped with salmon, baked a cheesy cauliflower, and heated up some Naan and we had dinner, just what I wanted.  It's fast becoming my favorite way of enjoying salmon.  We watched another Colbert, and he was close to tears when responding to Trump's poisonous comments challenging the validity of the elections. I felt the same way, thinking it was not only outrageous but treasonous.  We then watched a new episode of The Great English Baking Show, then two more episodes of Teheran, bored with episode three, more excited about episode four.  And so it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...