Sunday, August 23, 2020

An Unpredictable Morning

6:07

6:42

Clear skies when I got up and started to paddle down to Snug Harbor.  After a lake coffee clatch with four neighbors also on the lake, it began to cloud up and as I neared home, it started to rain, just enough to get me slightly wet, not enough for the garden or shrubs.  I was out over an hour and spotted a heron just as I was paddling to Woodlawn.

Kayak Morning

Hiding In Plain Sight

Yesterday was back to heat and humidity.  Early, however, it was pleasant enough to kayak and enjoy some working in the garden for Evie.  While Evie was busy, I got in a good yoga class with Adrienne.  It felt good to get back on the mat and I felt much better after the class.  I wonder why I don't do it more often.  After yoga, I took the trash to the Transfer Station, as usual, a busy place with all the residents of North Harmony and then some.  We are supposed to have a sticker on our car to show we live in North Harmony but no one ever checks, not that I care.

We were looking forward to a leisurely Saturday afternoon.  Before going out on the dock, Evie made me a quesadilla.  I continued with my show, enjoyed lunch, watched some basketball before taking a nap for a good half hour.  Love it.  I then joined Evie on the dock despite the heat and humidity and was happy to find that there was a nice breeze so it was pleasant out there, sitting under the umbrella, watching the busy lake of weekenders cruising,  We wanted to go for a boat ride and waited until 5:30, hoping the lake would be settled down.  It did some but it was still choppy as we cruised to Bemus and back, enjoying vodka tonics.  We then relaxed on the dock until it was time to think about dinner.

Evie made it easy, grilling a steak and mushrooms, heating up macaroni and cheese in the microwave, and making a salad.  The steak we didn't want the night before was good and easy.  We watched a boring Real Time With Bill Maher then junk TV until it was time to go to bed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...