Tuesday, October 1, 2019

A Day Of Travel

The Colors on Monday Afternoon At 5:44
No photos of the sunrise this morning because we hope to be on our way to Buffalo by 6:15, for some minor surgery at 9:00.  And after it, we hope to be on our way to Virginia to visit my daughter Jill and watch our granddaughter Halle play volleyball for her high school JV team.

Yesterday was a typical day of waiting, waiting for this morning when we hit the road again.  First, however, I got in a paddle, something I probably will not be able to do for a couple of weeks.  It was a gray morning, with a few drops of rain but I shot a couple of good photos of herons, making the morning.  By 9:30, I was on my way to Erie for my annual appointment with my cardiologist.  He's never been very personal so I made it a point to draw him out and by the end, we seemed to hit it off.  I liked him.  Unfortunately, he announced he was leaving Erie for another hospital.  Just my luck.  He is the fifth doctor I have lost in the past nine years.  I guess that's typical as they either retire or move on to better jobs.  After my appointment which went well, I stopped at Best Buy and picked up a new external hard drive in my never-ending attempt to move photos from the Aperture app to Photos. I then rewarded myself with a spicy chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A. 

I was home by 1:30 and Evie was out shopping, hitting not only Wegman's but three other stops.  She didn't' get back home till 3:00, the car groaning with stuff (I exaggerate).  I did something I rarely do in the afternoon and watched the last two episodes of Line Of Duty.  While I watched it, Evie put away the groceries and made our dinner, chicken enchiladas.  For some reason, we did not have wine time, probably because we were both packing.  We ate earlier than usual, at 6:00 so we could go to bed early because we wanted to be up at 5:00 for our hour and a half drive to Buffalo.  We watched the news, bits and pieces of other shows and we both did go to bed early.  By that I mean 9:30 for Evie, 10:00 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...