Saturday, October 19, 2019

Shotguns Blasts In The Fog


7:23

9:15
A nice way to wake up, to shotgun blasts and a heavy, dense fog!  I slept in some but the fog still lingers an hour later at 8:15.  I am hoping for a classic fall Saturday, cool, lots of sun, leaves falling, that sort of day.

Friday was an interesting day although it started out with the usual, the blog, then off to Lakewood to a good yoga class with Julie. As I mentioned a few days ago, it's good to get back to yoga, to awakening both body and mind.  We are down to one car because the 2000 Accord is getting a new gas tank, one of its many problems I fear.  I hope it will last a couple more years before I junk it.  I suppose having no garage creates the problem with things rusting out.

Friday At Noon
Anyways, I stopped to pick up more topsoil on the way home once again, with Evie's help, spread it out on the low spots in our yard, made more obvious by the three inches of rain earlier in the week.  Lunch was easy, heat up a bowl of Evie's vegetable soup, toast a bagel and for a change, open a can of sardines, which I have liked ever since my Dad introduced them to me.  After lunch and my series, I tried to nap but couldn't, so I took a shower because we were heading out at 2:00.  Our first stop was with John, at Lakewood furniture, because we have decided after a couple of years, to get a new couch, love seat, carpet and perhaps club chairs.  He's a great guy, helpful but not pushy and he spent a good hour with us, helping us to pick out styles, then cloth.  We had to leave at 3:15 for a meeting with a Healthcare expert, to go over our options, making sure our doctors and hospitals are in-network because it changes each year.  She's great, suggested a couple of options and we will meet back with her in ten days and make a decision as to stay with what we have or change.  Since it was only 4:00 when we finished, we went back to Lakewood Furniture and with John's help, picked out a carpet we liked and came home with three or four cloth options for our couch and loveseat.  Now, the hard part, making a decision, something we are terrible at.

5:54 PM

Colors Changing On Bemus Shore 
We had originally planned to go to the Rod and Gun for a fish fry but it was so nice out, we decided we would rather have a Manhattan in our living room, with appetizers, so for dinner, we picked up a pizza at Pizza Hut and brought it home.  It was a good choice as we watched the day wane, the colors change on Long Point with the setting sun.  Dinner was a salad and a quite good pizza, and we ended the night watching the last two episodes of Crashing, decent not great.  It was good to get back to my John le Carre novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...