Thursday, October 10, 2019

Chilly And Clear, Fog Rising

6:58

7:03

7:40

7:41
I was up at 6:00, a starry morning sky until it turned into a 'rosy-fingered dawn.' I listened to Morning Joe, soon tired of it and listened to NPR.  I have been reading the newspapers online, both the NYTimes and Washington Post but had to laugh when I turned to Hurriyet, the Turkish English newspaper, which is calling what's happening in Syria  "Operation Peace Spring."  What a lovely euphemism for the bombing of Kurds!  It's now 7:30 and the sun is just beginning to rise over Bemus Bay, filling the lake and fog with its light.

Yesterday was a different day because we really just stayed home most of the day, enjoying the sun and cool weather.  The major focus, however, was the cleaning and pumping of our septic system, now squeaky clean and ready for years more of use, one of the joys of living in the sticks like our lakefront.  I spent much of the morning getting the blog done, talking with Apple about my problems with my photographs and making sure I did not download their new operating system, Catalina, which doesn't support my photo program called Aperture.  It seems like a neverending conversation but I will get it done.  While I was doing this, Evie was taking with our TV/Internet provider, Spectrum which just raised our bill after promising us when we signed up that it would not raise its prices.  So much for their honesty.  They listened to Evie but raised our bill thirty bucks.

Lunch was leftover stir fry and I watched my show, Line of Duty, which I  have become addicted to and I have four or five more seasons.  I read and tried to nap while Evie sat outside, enjoying the sun in the side yard, to avoid the breeze.  It was a chilly afternoon so she wore a fleece and wrapped herself in a blanket.  We need to take advantage of these beautiful days as cold and snow are coming, as those who live in Montana and now Colorado has found out.  An October snowstorm is a possibility.

Midafternoon we wanted to get some exercise so we walked around the campground for a good forty minutes, an easy walk, just beyond our Woodlawn neighborhood.  We then relaxed on our porch, with fleeces to keep us warm, as we had our wine and enjoyed the end of the day.  Dinner was easy as neither of us was that hungry nor did we want to fuss.  So Evie heated up some frozen pizza, made a salad and we were happy.  We watched Colbert, some Jimmy Fallon for once, then a couple of more episodes of Netflix's The Politician, still not a favorite but we will finish it.  After finishing my Virgil Flowers novel, I started LADY IN THE LAKE by Laura Lippman.  I am not sure about it yet but will stick with it for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...