Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Fog Rising On A Clear, Chilly Fall Morning


7:09

7:44

7:48
It's 7:30 and I have been up since 6:45, enjoying coffee, listening to NPR, watching the sky lighten, the fog slide down the lake, as the sun attempts to rise above the cloud bank on the Bemus shoreline.  It's 42º and we should have a high in the '60s, good walking weather. 

8:20
Yesterday morning was a bit of bore since I am not paddling or going to yoga.  So, I have to find something to do and Evie is usually good at that but not yesterday.  So I read, finished the blog, went for a walk around the neighborhood, seeing that all was right with the world.  Our neighbors, Bill and Joyce left around noon, alas, so we are the only locals down on this part of the lake until next May, with an occasional weekender but we don't mind it.

Heron Hanging On Our Dock
So I had an early lunch, the leftover Shenandoah chicken, watched my show and then drove to Jamestown to the dentist, my last appointment for a while, I hope.  On my way home, I stopped at Tops and picked some Barilla pasta on sale, a dollar a box, a bargain, then some sweet corn, still available and good at Peterson's Farm Market.  I was hoping by 3:00, ready to relax from my do-nothing day when Evie suggested a walk at Long Point State Park.  I wanted to say no but didn't so we drove over to the end of Lakeside Drive and took an hour walk around the woods, down to the tip of Long Point and back to the car,  I am glad we did it but I spent much of the walk thinking about getting home and back on the couch.

The Woods, The Woods
Around 6:00, Evie got busy in the kitchen, chopping up vegetables, making sauces for our stir fry dinner.  Earlier in the day, she marinated some chicken thigh pieces in soy, garlic and ginger, so by 6:30, she was woking away, cooking the chicken, then veggies, then adding all the ingredients together with a sauce.  So dinner was a great stir fry, on rice with unexpectedly tasty corn on the cob.  We watched Colbert then the first two episodes of a new series on Netflix called The Politician.  I am not yet taken with it and reminds me of the film ELECTION, with Reese Witherspoon because it's about a high school election. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...