Friday, October 25, 2019

A Paddle In Drizzle

7:58
 It's still utter darkness here at the lake at 6:45 and I have been up for an hour, listening to the always depressing news so I guess it's time to turn it off and listen to a podcast, something more upbeat and interesting.  I did get out on the water for a half-hour and paddled down to Sandy Bottom and back.

Kayak Morning
Thursday began with an early rising, listening to the news, writing the blog then driving over to Bemus for breakfast.  A couple of months ago, I might have gotten in a paddle but now, it does not get light till almost 8:00 when I then can get out on the lake.  After breakfast, I drove to Lakewood, to a good Yin Yoga class and the women were happy to see me back after a brief hiatus.  After class, I stopped at Aldi to pick up a couple of sale items for Evie, pajamas and slipper booties, always a deal and some sweet corn at a stand on my way home

I was home by 12:30 and had a quick lunch of kimchee, bagel, and a couple of ears of sweet corn, the last of the year. I watched my show and we both waited for the next carpet guy to come by and measure our rooms.  He was scheduled for 1:00, got lost, and didn't make it until 2:00, annoying since we were waiting for him. At least he was a talker and knew what he was doing.  After he left, I read, finished my John le Carre novel, not his best and tried to nap,

Home In Autumn
The rest of the afternoon seemed long and I was itching to do something.  Well, maybe not what I ended up doing, going and picking up my Honda after getting a new gas tank, spark plugs, tune-up and some work on the muffler.  When I returned home, I went out to paddle but did not have my heart in it and stayed out for only twenty minutes long enough, however, to chase off the Canadian geese.

Earlier, Linda texted Evie and wondered if we wanted to meet them for dinner at the Seezurh House in Bemus.  We never pass up a chance to go out to eat so we met them at 6:30, in a fairly empty Seezurh House.  We felt right at home because most late falls and winters, this is our go-to place for a good meal.  The special of the day was a ribeye with salad and potatoes. None of us could pass on it so we all ordered steaks all around.  And though we had to send two back because they were too rare, we enjoyed them.  We had a couple of brews to go with our ribeyes of course and stayed until 8:00.  It was a good choice.  We were home in time to watch a Colbert and another episode of Succession before going up to bed.  I had another Gabriel Allon novel on my Kindle so once again, I am back in the world of terrorists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...