Tuesday, October 29, 2019

On The Road Again


6

Dahlias

6:03
7:30

8:03
I was up at 6:30, this time because we hope to be on the road to the Corning Museum Of Glass by 8:00, a little less than a three-hour drive. We are hoping for a couple of nice days because tomorrow we want to do some walking at Watkins Glen State Park before heading home, perhaps stopping at the Glenn H. Curtiss Aviation Museum in Hammondsport, NY also.

Yesterday was an amazingly beautiful day, the kind that makes you want to do something outside.  Maybe that's why we are heading on a road trip today.  Yesterday began with a  good paddle despite the fog, the lack of waterfowl.  After kayaking, I headed to a crowed yoga class, a good one as always.  I hurried home because I wanted to get somethings done because of the good weather. We had a couple of potholes in the road so I went to get some millings at Tri James.  Unfortunately, it was closed so I drove down to Mayville where all of the asphalt dredged up when redoing the road was taken and helped myself to a couple of buckets.  I don't think they would mind.  It took me a 15 minutes to fill the holes, then drive over the millings with my car to pack it down. 

Chai Time
When I was done, Evie had my lunch ready, soup and a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes and I watched my show, another shocking ending to Episode Three.  We then relaxed until 2:00 when we left for Lakewood to make a couple of purchases and see a health care broker.  First, we stopped at Lakewood Furniture and bit the bullet and ordered a couch and a love seat.  Then, we drove to Home Depot, ordered a carpet and a Home Depot card, saving us a hundred bucks, enough for a  pair of shoes according to Evie.  We ended the day talking about Healthcare options for next year, something everyone should do every couple of years because the options keep changing. 

We had hoped to mulch the leaves when we returned home but we were too tired from spending money so we opened a bottle of wine and relaxed and toasted our new purchases until it was time to make dinner.  Evie sauteed mushrooms, fried up some home fries with sweet onions, and grilled two New York strip steaks on her grill pan.  O, yea, I forgot the salad and corn to complement our great dinner. We watched The Circus, a political show, then Succession because there was nothing else to watch and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...