Saturday, August 31, 2019

Fog Bound


6:36

7:07

7:08
It's 6:42 and I have been up for an hour, sitting on the front porch, on a foggy 52º morning.  It's still and quiet except for an occasional screech by a heron.  No boats, no kayaks, yet at least that I have noticed. And since I am boycotting the news (all they talk about is Trump), I am listening to a Bill Simmons eclectic podcasts as he talks about Andrew Luck's retirement then interviews Julia Louis-Dreyfus.  It's 6:30 as I finish writing and Long Point is barely visible through the fog, maybe I can get in a paddle in a bit.  And I did have an interesting paddle, starting with fog, then in the middle of the lake, a raft of barn swallows skimmed along the lake's surface, eating lake flies. Then, I scared off a couple of eagles, before capturing a cormorant catching a fish, a good morning,

Kayak Morning

Fog And Sun

Breakfast For A Cormorant

Not Quite Finished
A Huddle Of Ducks

A Young Blue Heron

Blue Skies As  Fog's Lifted 
Friday was another normal day at the lake for us.  I was up early for a paddle, then off to a good yoga class with Danielle.  She was substituting for Julie who is on a trip West.  She had no real plan, asked us what we wanted to do, and I suggested teaching us some new things.  It was a good choice as everyone seemed to enjoy our very different class, many of them involving breathing.  After class, I stopped at Wegman's to pick up a few things, then more corn at our favorite stand, then home.  It was a good day for gardening, so Evie had been busy in our backyard, weeding, and deadheading lots of flowers.  Her garden is at its peak, with most flowers in bloom although the dahlias and hydrangeas are the stars.

I had the leftover eggplant spaghetti for lunch, just as good as the night before and watched my show before reading and taking a brief nap.  I walked out on the dock around 1:45 and it was such a beautiful afternoon that I took the cover off the boat and we went for a cruise over to Bemus Point and back, taking our time, enjoying the sun and breeze.  The lake was yet to be busy as the Labor Day weekend was just beginning.  After our cruise, we read on the dock until it was time to get ready for our outing to Jamestown.

We drove to Jamestown and our plan was to have a drink at the new hotel bar, the Pearl City Hops, then go for dinner at Taco Hut.  We walked into the hotel's bar and it was empty, the bar sterile and uninviting so after looking at the menu we decided to leave, upsetting the bartender.  We then went to one of our favorite haunts, Brazil's Brew and Wine Bar, just down the street.  We easily found a seat at the bar, sampled a couple of microbrews then ordered.  Within 15 minutes, Evie was starting to feel bad, not wanting her beer, a bad sign.  We decided to skip dinner since she was not feeling well and I stopped at Wendy's on the way home to pick up a Daves Double with fries and a coke.  By the time we returned home, Evie was feeling better although she did not want anything to eat.  We then binged on the rest of the Working Moms although we ended up not enjoying it much.  I have to say that by the end, I really disliked all four of the working moms which is a strange way to make a series about moms.  I am almost finished with my book, Pleasantville which has become a chore. 

Yum
It 9:40 as we finish the blog; I have had my breakfast of yogurt, homemade granola, and local peaches while sitting out on the dock, enjoying the morning as Evie finished up the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...