Thursday, August 29, 2019

Pink Sky Morning


6:48

7:32
It's 6:30 and I just got my coffee.  The sky is clear, the pink is beginning to fade as the sun gets close and closer to the horizon.  I got a short paddle in because I have an early doctor's appointment in Jamestown, then breakfast, a bike ride and a stop at the library, a full morning downtown. 

Kayaking Into The Sun

Victoria

Osprey/Eagle?

Bald Eagle

Heron
Wednesday was another fine day at the lake, as I got in a good long paddle before driving to yoga class with Jen, who just finished her 300th hour of classes, quite amazing.  She studied in Rochester under a guru from France.  She's a vocal anti-Trumper and suggested to us if you are Trumper and take yoga, you need therapy.  We all laughed in agreement as the two seem so opposed.  After class, I stopped for a coffee to see the barista's father, Walt, who is in his 80's, wearing a Trump 2020 hat.  I had to laugh after just coming from yoga. 

After class, I came home to a yard cleaned up, privets trimmed, and a tired out Evie, enjoying the front porch.  I had ramen and a bagel with cream cheese and tomato for lunch and watched my show. I then read some, then took a brief nap but woke ready to do something energetic.  Evie was not interested in a walk because she was happy sitting in the side yard, catching some rays and reading.

Biking In Long Point's Cathedral of Trees
So I put my bike on my car, got my helmet, water, headphones and phone and drove over and parked just beyond the bridge.  I took my usual hour ride,  through Bemus, Long Point State Park and home, listening to tunes on my headphones, a cool dude.  I had the park to myself although there were quite a few trailers in the marina.  When I got home, I showered and Evie got some appetizers ready as we had our wine time on the front porch, a beautiful late afternoon sky. 

Dinner was great, a replay of the night before's Wienerschnitzel, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob and beet salad.  We even have some left for my lunch today.  We tried to watch a much-acclaimed teen series called Euphoria on HBO but it was just too depressing, to sad and troubling to watch.  We turned to Everybody Loves Raymond, more our speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...