Friday, August 2, 2019

Now We Are Five


Yea, Beth Arrives

6:31
The sun just peaked out from the clouds and it looks like a fine day, lots of sunshine, temperatures in high 70's or low 80's and our daughter Beth has arrived for ten days.  It was surprisingly chilly, 58º when I got up at 6:00, chilly enough that I pulled out a fleece.  I had a long paddle, lake-like glass, over to Tom's Point, then to the end of Lakeside Drive in Bemus and the beginning of Long State Park and home, I was rewarded, finally, with a couple of photographs of an osprey in the trees above the reeds of Victoria. O, yeah, I listened to U2's best album as I paddled, Joshua Tree.

Kayak Morning

Clouds While Kayaking Towards Bemus Point
Yesterday was a busy day because Beth was flying in from Dallas in the afternoon.  So after a paddle and breakfast, Evie and I got busy getting things ready for her, especially making sure her room had clean sheets and was fresh and clean.  I can't remember what I did but I was busy until 10:30 when I drove off to Wegman's and Aldi's for another big shopping day.  Both stores were busy, as they tend to be in the summer.  I bought salmon and lamb at Aldi's, lots of vegetables and staples at Wegman's before arriving home around noon.

Osprey

Osprey
Evie was cutting the lawn but took time out to help unpack and put away the groceries.  And because I was soon driving off to get Beth in Buffalo, she quickly made me a quesadilla with leftover steak and cheese.  It was a tasty lunch and quick so that she could get back out and cut the lawn.  I then took a cat nap, read, then drove off a 1:45 to pick up Beth.  When I arrived at the airport, I found out her plane had been delayed an hour so I  found the lounge and read my book until she arrived at 4:30.  We were back at the lake at 6:15 and Evie had dinner ready to make whenever Beth was ready.

Opening Dahlia

Dahlia Pair
We decided, however, to enjoy some brie, crackers and a glass of wine before making dinner, winding down from her long day, starting at 5:30 in Dallas.  She has been taking courses at SMU, getting certified to teach if she wants when she finishes in 2020.  It made for a busy summer. Dinner was salmon with a maple/soy marinade, rice, garlic spinach, and salad.  Everything was great, a perfect welcome back to the lake for Beth.

Dinner With Beth, Tyler, And Marisa
We were all tired from our day, Beth especially from her travels so we knew we were not staying up late and wanted to find a fun series to watch.  Beth suggested WORKING MOTHERS, a series on Netflix so we watched three episodes then went up to bed at 10:30.  It's a humorous look at motherhood, those who try to mix mothering with work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...