Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Morning Clouds, Sun, And Quiet


7:52

7:03
It's 7:15 and I have been since 6:30, watching the morning sky change from overcast, to the sun breaking through the clouds, to an overcast morning once again.  It's 66º on a damp morning, as we must have gotten some drizzle overnight.  This morning the lake was as calm as I have ever seen it, few boats, no wind, just a couple of herons.

Kayak Morning

Out On A Limb
Yesterday was overcast and we did get some showers late morning.  I did get in kayaking before driving to yoga class.  After class, I stopped at Ryders and talked with some locals for a good half hour.  Both had been in the Peace Corps in the late 1970's in Morroco.  It was fun comparing notes because we were also living in a Moslem country at the time.  When I returned home, Evie was on the couch, reading her book, WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING.  She loves it, in fact, finished it mid-afternoon.  After reading, the lake was so inviting that Evie went out for a paddle on a warm and overcast afternoon, the lake calm and quiet.

Evie's Kayak Afternoon
I had the leftover moussaka for lunch, watched my show and took a brief nap before getting up and deciding I wanted to get in a bike ride.  So it hitched my bike on to the car, drove to the Lighthouse Grocery, parked my car, and rode the new trail through Mayville to the end, then Sea Lion Drive and home.  It looked threatening during my entire ride, dark, scary clouds but it never did rain.  I was out close to an hour, on a nice flat ride.  We both showered and got dressed by 6:00, when our neighbors, Ken and Marjorie came over for a glass of wine and some appetizers on our porch.

Enjoying Dinner At The Lakewood Rod And Gun
Like us, they have had a full house much of the summer with children and grandchildren.  We decided on dinner at the Rod and Gun since we had not been there in a while and it was a good choice.  It was not crowded and had a steak and shrimp special for $9.95.  It was surprisingly tasty and where else can you get out of a restaurant for under thirty bucks.  We are very compatico with them, both educators, lots of grandchildren and similar political views.  It was a fun evening.  We ended the night with an episode of Colbert before going up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...