Sunday, August 4, 2019

Top Of The Morning

Granny And Her Favorite Grandson (At The Lake)

6:43

6:46

8:20
I woke at 6:00, to one of the sounds of summers here at the lake, bass boats roaring out of the marina and charging either up or down the lake.  I listened to CNN mostly because I just heard about the terrible shootings in El Paso and a few hours later, Dayton.  El Paso's shooting seemed to be racially motivated but I am not sure about Dayton.  This is the third shooting in a week, the 32nd this year (three or more victims).  Let's offer up our prayers to the families of the victims, America, and do nothing. International research suggests the major cause in the US: 'the astronomical number of guns (270 million).

Kayak Morning
Preening Heron

Wading In The Swamp

Wood Ducks In Floating Moss
Yesterday was another sunny, warm day and they are becoming boring.  How about some rain.  I paddled for a good hour, then came home to begin the Saturday morning ritual of gathering trash and taking it to the Transfer Station. This Saturday was special, a result of a week with lots of family.  Thus, I got to make three trips, lots of trash but also some large cardboard boxes, a result of buying a foam water mat and a new TV.  By the time I finished, the Transfer guys were getting to know me well.

Phlox And Cone Flowers

Coneflower
After my trips, Evie had put together a shopping list for the next couple of days so while she made a blueberry pie and breakfast for Tyler and Marisa, I drove to Wegman's, shopped along with what seemed like the rest of the Chautauqua Institution, blocking the store aisles and checkout lines.  It was not a fun day to shop.  When I returned, we quickly put away the groceries and I had some leftover pizza for lunch.  Evie couldn't wait to get out of the kitchen so she went out to enjoy the dock.  While I was at the store, Tyler and Marisa worked out at the Turner Center.  When they got home, Tyler did some work on his computer while Beth and Marisa took off to Lakewood, stopping for a coffee at Ryder's Cup and doing some shopping.

l napped briefly, then joined Evie on the dock and read till I got tired of the sun and set up a chaise lounge under our maple tree in the shade, a good move.  After Beth came back, she joined Evie and swam and washed her hair before both came in to have a glass of wine on our porch before putting together our dinner.  Earlier, Evie had prepped most of our dinner, sauteing shrimp and blanching the asparagus.

Final Homemade Dinner For Tyler (flies back to Boston today)
Around 6:00, she made our dinner, shrimp with asparagus and sundried tomatoes over penne, along with a salad and rolls.  It was a nice change and everyone enjoyed it, of course.  We were not sure what to watch but I saw that HBO had just put The Favourite, an Oscar-nominated film up.  So we watched it, or some of us did while eating blueberry pie a la mode.  I can't say I loved it, just that it was ok, which is not much of a recommendation.  It just didn't grab me.  C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...