Friday, August 30, 2019

A Changing Morning Sky

Morning Dahlia

6:19


6:42
I am sitting out on the front porch,  at 5:30 in darkness, and watched as the clouds started appearing, some light, as it seemed to change every ten minutes.  And now at 6:30, wE are still waiting for the sun to rise.  I was out on the lake just before 7:00 for an hour, catching both a bald eagle and heron with my camera.

Kayak Morning
 
In Flight

Bald Eagle

Ready To Fly
Yesterday was not a fun day for me, as I had a doctor's appointment early, at 8:45 and a dentist appointment at 3:00, both in Jamestown.  Fortunately, I started my day with a good paddle and was off to Jamestown by 8:00.  After my appointment, I drove to the Labyrinth Press coffee shop and had a breakfast burrito with coffee.  I love this vegetarian place, for either breakfast or lunch.  I then parked my car at Riverwalk and took a ridiculously short bike ride along the Riverwalk, all half-mile of it but across two new pedestrian bridges which, to me, seem redundant because they are only a couple of hundred yards from each other. 

Chadakoin River Dam

Chadakoin  River Bridge And Power Plant
I was home by 12:30 in time for a light lunch of tomatoes, onions, with olive oil and vinegar, not bad and healthy.  I watched my show and read some, perhaps napped as Evie and Joyce our next-door neighbor, drove over to Long Point for a walk.  Joyce loved it so I am sure they will be back.  When I left for the dentist, Evie powered up the lawnmower, not having gotten enough exercise at Long Point and cut the lawn.  After the dentist (I need a new crown), I stopped at Peterson's and picked up a basket of local peaches and a watermelon.  When got home, Evie was done mowing and was ecstatic to see the peaches.  I can envision peach crisps on and off over the next week.  Yum.

4:26

A Profusion Or Dahlias
We were able to enjoy some wine on the front porch, a beautiful evening, with a quiet lake for an hour before Evie got busy frying the eggplant and making a tomato sauce.  One the pasta was done we plated it, put the breaded and fried eggplant on top, then added tomato sauce.  Heaven. I think I could live on eggplant, like a good Turk.  Turks have lots of eggplants recipes, the poor man's meat.  We were looking forward to the third season of Working Moms on HBO but like all series, this season did not seem to measure up to the previous two seasons.  We binge-watched maybe five episodes then had enough for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...