Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Quiet Before The Storm




Morning With Marisa
6:17

6:19
I awake at 5:00, came downstairs at 5:30 to probably the only quiet of the day as what was once just the two of us is now ten for a week, eleven after Tyler arrives on Saturday.  It's a fine morning, a pink sky with a long slender gray cloud hanging over Long Point.  It's 6:15 and the sun is just beginning to rise, filling the outdoors with its light and the day officially begins. 

First Heron Of The Morning

My Son, Tommy, Out For A Paddle 
Heron Along Victoria

Yesterday was another busy morning as we worked at getting the house ready for our kids.  It seemed as if our preparation would only end when they arrived and that's an accurate statement.  To be honest, I cannot remember what we did but we were busy all morning until lunch.  I had a quick lunch of chicken, relaxed a bit then drove off to Buffalo to pick up the kids.  Unfortunately, their flight was delayed over an hour and because I had an appointment at Apple's Genius Bar at 3:15, I had a lot of time before their arrival.  I am about to transfer 500 gigabytes of photos from Aperture to Photos because Apple will no longer support Aperture, I got help with it but will still have to do it with a phone call to Apple. After my appointment, I walked the mall, window shopped, stopped at the Lululemon store and was happy to have bought a pair of shorts for yoga at Walmart for six bucks rather than a pair from Lululemon for eighty.  I may not be cool but I saved seventy-four bucks.

Back To The Lake

Jill, The Girls, And Seth

Halle And Moi
Marisa And Marlena
Halle
Tom, Mary, Marlena and Beth's daughter, Marisa, arrived at 5:30, excited to be on their way to the lake.  We arrived at the lake just after 7:00 and Jill, Halle, Hayden, and her boyfriend, Seth were already there, having driven in from Virginia. Unfortunately, her husband, Drew was unable to come because of work. 

Looking At The Newest Photo Album By Evie

Sisters In Law

The Groovy Four

Porching It
Evie took lots of photos before we ended up on the porch talking, with either a glass of wine or beer.  By 8:00, we were happily devouring Evie's baked ziti as everyone was hungry from their flight or drive.  We ended dinner with brownies, ice cream, and chocolate sauce.

Ziti For Ten
We then figured out the sleeping arrangements, blowing up a couple of air mattresses but most had beds, as the girls decided to share the two beds among the four of them.  Everyone was tired by 10:00 from their travels so most of us went up to bed.  I know I was ready and Evie soon followed.  Whether the girls stayed up talking or on their phones, probably. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...