Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Overcast With No Rain In Sight

5:53
I was up at 5:45 and because I left my windows open, I could hear something splashing along our lake wall, most likely carp.  I saw quite a few yesterday morning along the shoreline when I went out for a paddle.  It's 65º on a fairly quiet lake, a few fishermen, and one ski boat just roared by, our neighbors.  I paddled for little over an hour and was able to photograph a couple of herons, one at the edge of Warner Bay, the other among the reeds.

Kayak Morning

Heron Among The Reeds
Yesterday was the last, according to the weatherman, of a week of sunny days.  I had a good paddle before breakfast even in the rising fog.  I went to yoga at 9:00, a class, as always, filled with women and me.  Where are the guys?  After class, I returned an umbrella stand to a busy KMart, as there must have been seven or eight cars in the parking lot.  When I returned home, Evie had done some washing, getting clean sheets ready for my sister and her husband for the 4th.  She also did some gardening, pulling the omnipresent weeds and watering.  Gardens demand a lot of time and effort but they must be worth it because so many love them, working in them.  

For lunch, I  toasted some pita bread and topped it with warmed up the leftover Turkish kebabs with tomato sauce.  Top it with yogurt and I had another great lunch.  I watched my series, DOGS OF BERLIN, and it's fun because much of it deals with the Turks who are the largest minority group in Germany and not well liked by the alt-right, neo-nazi groups, obviously.  The afternoon was made for enjoying the dock so Evie took advantage of it as did I.  Reading either on the dock or out in the side yard is the good life.  Around 5:00, we decided to get something done and put air conditioners in each of the bedrooms, getting them ready for visits from our family in July and August.  We then went for a swim to cool off and were surprised at how warm the water had become in a few days.  The chill is off.

We then enjoyed a cocktail or two on the front porch as the day waned, munching on pita chips dipped in an eggplant hummus.  It was a beautiful night, the wind died down, and the lake became quiet.  Dinner was easy, heat up the leftover barbecued chicken, noodles, and broccoli and we were looking forward to watching the next episode of BIG LITTLE LIES.  It was, however, a bit disappointing.  We then started a couple of other series but were not into them so we went up to bed earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...