Wednesday, July 24, 2019

And The Fun Begins

5:45

6:14
It's 6:13 and I am sitting in the living room, waiting for the sun to pop up over Long Point, to start the day.  It's a chilly 54º which is why I am sitting inside.  Fog is rising along the shorelines, a result of this cool morning.  So far, no bass boats, only a couple of kayakers gliding by our dock. It's just 9:00, the Mueller hearings are starting and I just returned from an amazing morning paddle, not a hint of wind, as I kayaked over to Tom's Point and home,  And since I skipped yoga, it was fun to see the great blue herons doing their morning yoga poses.

Kayak Morning

Warrior Pose

Backward Twist

Forward Bend
 Well, yesterday was hump day, whatever you want to call it, the busy, last-minute day before most of our families arrive from Bristow, VA, Dallas, and Kansas City. Then there will be ten but some of the husbands and grandsons will not make it this year, alas.  So after my paddle, after the blog and breakfast, I picked up a list Evie made for me and got busy.  We had lots to do, to make sure the house was perfect and, in fact, we ended up doing things we had not planned on doing, like taking apart both porches, sweeping, then vacuuming and washing them, all Evie's doing.  I helped to take the furniture off and put it back on, big deal, right.  My job was to wash windows, clean the boat, turn the compost, clean the kitchen, and help Evie whenever needed.  I also finishing edging and weeding the brick walkway.  It doesn't sound like I was that busy but it took all of the morning and for Evie, a good part of the afternoon.

Dahlia Double
I had a lunch of a leftover hero sandwich and watched my show and took a cat nap before we began the final push of the day, a two cart trip around Wegman's, making sure we had everything we needed for the first three or four days meals.  By the time we checked out, I began to wonder where this stuff was going to go but we stropped at Hogan's and bought some ice so that some items could be kept in the cooler on our back porch.  On the way home, we picked up a bucket of Kentucky Fried for dinner since neither of us wanted to fuss,  We are embarrassed to admit we do this a couple of times of year but, hey, it tastes good if not healthy.

We were able to enjoy vodka and tonic on the front porch for an hour, a lovely evening on the lake and quiet, our last for a couple of weeks.  And we laughed about our latest purchase from Amazon, a 49 inch highly recommended TV, three hundred bucks and free shipping.  How could we resist?  We were excited to finish our cocktail hour because we could not wait to dig into our Kentucky fried and it was as good as advertised.  We watched Colbert, some home improvement shows, some of the pundits because we did not want to start a new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...